01-05-2017, 07:28 PM
  • DayMan
  • Tennessee
User Info
(01-05-2017, 04:51 PM)iShave Wrote: Pretty excited to try this razor tonight! Just got it in the mail, nice looking razor, simple nothing fancy but it works! Love the small handle and the weight seems really good not heavy and not light, nice feel to it. Nice bonus with the blades, are they the lab blues?

The blades are lab blues.  I like that he includes Made in USA blades with a Made in USA razor.  It doesn't hurt that those are also my favorite blades.

3 584
 01-05-2017, 08:00 PM
User Info
Just finish my first shave with the Blackbird and this thing feels aggressive! Cut myself a few times and noticible drag with the machined finished. Not sure this is the razor for me, really dig the look of it but much prefer the shave from the 34C and Timeless.

2 465
 01-06-2017, 09:26 AM
  • DayMan
  • Tennessee
User Info
(01-05-2017, 08:00 PM)iShave Wrote: Just finish my first shave with the Blackbird and this thing feels aggressive! Cut myself a few times and noticible drag with the machined finished. Not sure this is the razor for me, really dig the look of it but much prefer the shave from the 34C and Timeless.

Don't give up on it yet. I just got the black oxide version and I noticed some drag at first. Once you get the angle and pressure down, you won't notice it anymore.

3 584
 01-06-2017, 10:16 AM
User Info
(01-05-2017, 08:00 PM)iShave Wrote: Just finish my first shave with the Blackbird and this thing feels aggressive! Cut myself a few times and noticible drag with the machined finished. Not sure this is the razor for me, really dig the look of it but much prefer the shave from the 34C and Timeless.

Don't give up on it! It's beautiful once you get to know the razor.

0 79
 01-06-2017, 10:22 AM
User Info
I agree, take your time and get to know the razor. It's a wonderful piece!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 951
 01-06-2017, 04:36 PM
User Info
(01-06-2017, 10:22 AM)gmhjr06 Wrote: I agree, take your time and get to know the razor. It's a wonderful piece!!

This. ^^^^

It isn't an especially ornery razor, so IMO if you are cutting yourself, it deserves a little more time.

15 404
 01-07-2017, 02:49 AM
User Info
If you leave it now you will throw away a chance to to know the beauty of of it. To me doesn't happen with the BB but it happens with many other razors, like wolfman Weber etc, believe me you should try to adjust your pressure and if it doesn't resolve everything let it rest for a week or two and then come back to her. I believe that that somehow you will archive the the pleasure of using this beautie.

Enviado do meu SM-N9005 através de Tapatalk

0 107
 01-07-2017, 04:10 AM
User Info
(01-07-2017, 02:49 AM)JePorto Wrote:
If you leave it now you will throw away a chance to to know the beauty of of it. To me doesn't happen with the BB but it happens with many other razors, like wolfman Weber etc, believe me you should try to adjust your pressure and if it doesn't resolve everything let it rest for a week or two and then come back to her. I believe that that somehow you will archive the the pleasure of using this beautie.

Agreed. I didn't like it at first. I had it for about 2-3 months I think before I decided to revisit it, with the lighest pressure I could, and being as mindful as I can. Best result in my den. 

I'm glad I didn't give up on this razor.

11 1,169
 01-07-2017, 04:24 AM
User Info
(01-07-2017, 04:10 AM)1Geralt Wrote:
(01-07-2017, 02:49 AM)JePorto Wrote:

Agreed. I didn't like it at first. I had it for about 2-3 months I think before I decided to revisit it, with the lighest pressure I could, and being as mindful as I can. Best result in my den. 

I'm glad I didn't give up on this razor.
The spirit of the thing should be that, and the result inevitably will be superb close and comfortable good shaves.
I have a 34G, for a long period this was the only Razor that makes me happy, but believe me on this days I almost don't remember it because Blackbird is definitely better. [Image: c8d39078f61a3cc436942b0a85cdee26.jpg]

0 107
 01-07-2017, 08:25 AM
User Info
Waiting on polished OC

61 3,072
 01-08-2017, 06:36 PM
User Info
Think things are getting better with this razor... had my first good shave with it tonight, a few cuts but nothing close to how bad it was with the first few shaves, and a lot less irritation, only a little around my adam's apple but nothing more than the Timeless gave me there. If I can stop it from cutting me this could be a keeper. I shaved tonight at times on the safety bar and found it give a decent result... is this how you guy are shaving with it? I'm used to using the top cap.

2 465
 01-08-2017, 06:47 PM
User Info
(01-08-2017, 06:36 PM)iShave Wrote: Think things are getting better with this razor... had my first good shave with it tonight, a few cuts but nothing close to how bad it was with the first few shaves, and a lot less irritation, only a little around my adam's apple but nothing more than the Timeless gave me there. If I can stop it from cutting me this could be a keeper. I shaved tonight at times on the safety bar and found it give a decent result... is this how you guy are shaving with it? I'm used to using the top cap.

I ride the cap all the way!

15 404
 01-08-2017, 07:10 PM
  • Sully
  • Super Moderator
  • Cedar Park, Texas
User Info
(01-08-2017, 06:47 PM)PickledNorthern Wrote:
(01-08-2017, 06:36 PM)iShave Wrote: Think things are getting better with this razor... had my first good shave with it tonight, a few cuts but nothing close to how bad it was with the first few shaves, and a lot less irritation, only a little around my adam's apple but nothing more than the Timeless gave me there. If I can stop it from cutting me this could be a keeper. I shaved tonight at times on the safety bar and found it give a decent result... is this how you guy are shaving with it? I'm used to using the top cap.

I ride the cap all the way!

Same here.

8 1,443
 01-11-2017, 08:49 PM
User Info
Since switching soaps to midnight & two and using the personna blades, I've been getting a really comfortable shave with it, not very close but next to no redness on my neck and a good shave. After my first shave with the BB I was ready to pack it up, I really didn't like it, cut up my jaw line and my lip pretty good but these last few shaves it's been growing on me quite a bit, no more cuts and maybe the least irritation I've gotten from a razor. At this point I can see why many really like this razor, its a really good razor. Going back to CRSW select V2 and a Polsilver blade to see what kind of shave I'll get with a shaper blade and a less protective soap. Im also finding shaving on the safety bar is giving me the best results, maybe that's cause I'm not feeling the drag? Maybe I'm too used to a round cap and the shape of it is throwing me off.

Anyone who has the polished version can you comment if you feel the drag?

2 465
 01-14-2017, 04:16 PM
  • Chaddy
  • North Carolina
User Info
Anybody receiving any polished ones yet?

5 527
 01-14-2017, 04:26 PM
User Info
The Blackbird is a beautiful razor but the "aggressiveness" kinda scares me! It is on my short list to try though.

9 169
 01-14-2017, 04:55 PM
User Info
(01-14-2017, 04:26 PM)FloridaCreekIndian Wrote: The Blackbird is a beautiful razor but the "aggressiveness" kinda scares me! It is on my short list to try though.

It took a bit of a learning curve but I think I'm getting it down, I'm getting really good shaves now with it. It's weird, it has been said already by others but it feels much more aggressive when shaving with it, you think your going to get irritation but after the shave none... today I had one of the closest shave I've ever had and my skin feels untouched. I'm not finding the drag as an issue anymore with the shallower angle, and this razor in the machined finish is a beauty, love the short handle too as I can choke up on the handle easily. I'm hoping to get the bit of harshness I still get when shaving corrected with keep trying to find the sweet spot. Honestly I think anyone who is interest in this razor should give it a go, you get 30 days with it and I'm thinking once I refine my technique a little bit more I'm going to be happy with it.

2 465
 01-14-2017, 07:22 PM
User Info
(01-14-2017, 04:16 PM)Chaddy Wrote: Anybody receiving any polished ones yet?

Still waiting for mine.

0 115
 01-14-2017, 07:23 PM
User Info
(01-14-2017, 07:22 PM)nvpliers Wrote:

Still waiting for mine.
We all are waiting for the polished

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

19 600
 01-14-2017, 11:55 PM
User Info
(01-14-2017, 07:23 PM)rawfox1 Wrote:
(01-14-2017, 07:22 PM)nvpliers Wrote:

Still waiting for mine.
We all are waiting for the polished

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I would fit in the all category as well!
Steve

0 588