01-15-2017, 02:57 AM
User Info
(01-14-2017, 04:55 PM)iShave Wrote:
(01-14-2017, 04:26 PM)FloridaCreekIndian Wrote: The Blackbird is a beautiful razor but the "aggressiveness" kinda scares me! It is on my short list to try though.

It took a bit of a learning curve but I think I'm getting it down, I'm getting really good shaves now with it. It's weird, it has been said already by others but it feels much more aggressive when shaving with it, you think your going to get irritation but after the shave none... today I had one of the closest shave I've ever had and my skin feels untouched. I'm not finding the drag as an issue anymore with the shallower angle, and this razor in the machined finish is a beauty, love the short handle too as I can choke up on the handle easily. I'm hoping to get the bit of harshness I still get when shaving corrected with keep trying to find the sweet spot. Honestly I think anyone who is interest in this razor should give it a go, you get 30 days with it and I'm thinking once I refine my technique a little bit more I'm going to be happy with it.

Nice. There you go, amigo.

8 961
 01-15-2017, 12:03 PM
User Info
(01-15-2017, 02:57 AM)1Geralt Wrote:
(01-14-2017, 04:55 PM)iShave Wrote:
(01-14-2017, 04:26 PM)FloridaCreekIndian Wrote: The Blackbird is a beautiful razor but the "aggressiveness" kinda scares me! It is on my short list to try though.

It took a bit of a learning curve but I think I'm getting it down, I'm getting really good shaves now with it. It's weird, it has been said already by others but it feels much more aggressive when shaving with it, you think your going to get irritation but after the shave none... today I had one of the closest shave I've ever had and my skin feels untouched. I'm not finding the drag as an issue anymore with the shallower angle, and this razor in the machined finish is a beauty, love the short handle too as I can choke up on the handle easily. I'm hoping to get the bit of harshness I still get when shaving corrected with keep trying to find the sweet spot. Honestly I think anyone who is interest in this razor should give it a go, you get 30 days with it and I'm thinking once I refine my technique a little bit more I'm going to be happy with it.

This razor just keeps getting better! I got it figured out now no more harshness, infact it's not aggressive at all, don't feel a lot of blade once you get the angle right, that harshness I was feeling was the safety bar as my angle wasn't shallow enough and the safety bar is sharp, so if I feel it it's a reminder to correct the angle. The best thing is like you told me it gives an easy bbs shave with zero irritation, I've never gotten a better shave than the BB and the personna lab blue blades! Time to order those blades. I love the short handle as let's me choke right up and I feel I get the most control of the razor. No more drag either, so going to keep the machined and not go for the polished. Awesome razor! Glad I stayed with it, I was going to send it back and I would've missed out on the best razor I've tried!. Never experienced a shave that can get me to bbs without any irritation and leaves my skin untouched!

0 145
 01-15-2017, 02:47 PM
User Info
(01-15-2017, 12:03 PM)iShave Wrote:
(01-15-2017, 02:57 AM)1Geralt Wrote:
(01-14-2017, 04:55 PM)iShave Wrote: It took a bit of a learning curve but I think I'm getting it down, I'm getting really good shaves now with it. It's weird, it has been said already by others but it feels much more aggressive when shaving with it, you think your going to get irritation but after the shave none... today I had one of the closest shave I've ever had and my skin feels untouched. I'm not finding the drag as an issue anymore with the shallower angle, and this razor in the machined finish is a beauty, love the short handle too as I can choke up on the handle easily. I'm hoping to get the bit of harshness I still get when shaving corrected with keep trying to find the sweet spot. Honestly I think anyone who is interest in this razor should give it a go, you get 30 days with it and I'm thinking once I refine my technique a little bit more I'm going to be happy with it.

This razor just keeps getting better! I got it figured out now no more harshness, infact it's not aggressive at all, don't feel a lot of blade once you get the angle right, that harshness I was feeling was the safety bar as my angle wasn't shallow enough and the safety bar is sharp, so if I feel it it's a reminder to correct the angle. The best thing is like you told me it gives an easy bbs shave with zero irritation, I've never gotten a better shave than the BB and the personna lab blue blades! Time to order those blades. I love the short handle as let's me choke right up and I feel I get the most control of the razor. No more drag either, so going to keep the machined and not go for the polished. Awesome razor! Glad I stayed with it, I was going to send it back and I would've missed out on the best razor I've tried!. Never experienced a shave that can get me to bbs without any irritation and leaves my skin untouched!

Excellent. I am glad you got it!

I find the Blackbird to be a very angle specific razor, but you are correct IMO, it isn't overly aggressive. It is like a bicycle with the training wheels adjusted up a but: Too shallow, the cap drags you down a bit. Too steep, the safety bar grabs and lets you know. Just right? Best DE shave EVER!

14 363
 01-16-2017, 05:20 AM
  • ARGH
  • Boston, MA
User Info
 01-16-2017, 06:30 AM
User Info
+1 100% for me and a nephew who was married to Muhle R41 but found true love with Blackbird!

32 670
 01-17-2017, 12:05 PM
  • OJ82
User Info
The Blackbird OC is a truly briliant razor, not the smoothest but Incredible efficient!! I find the shallower angle to work brilliant Smile

0 12