03-25-2017, 08:52 AM
User Info
I acquired one of polished SB blackbird last week. It's from Shane's Pre-order batch. Nice quality and polished finish is great.
I will try it this week. Now waiting for OC baseplate or may be complete OC head

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14 192
 03-29-2017, 03:29 AM
User Info
I've been using my Blackbird SB for months now and it is easily the smoothest safety razor I own.  I got the OC with the new handle size second hand recently and it is probably the most efficient razor I have ever used.  It is almost scary..  I find it slightly more aggressive than the OC, but proper angle helps with the aggressiveness some.  It is the only razor I have ever used that gets me BBS with two passes.  I am 90% there after the WTG pass.  Excellent razors!

0 23
 03-29-2017, 05:08 AM
User Info
(03-29-2017, 03:29 AM)jacwoob Wrote: I've been using my Blackbird SB for months now and it is easily the smoothest safety razor I own.  I got the OC with the new handle size second hand recently and it is probably the most efficient razor I have ever used.  It is almost scary..  I find it slightly more aggressive than the OC, but proper angle helps with the aggressiveness some.  It is the only razor I have ever used that gets me BBS with two passes.  I am 90% there after the WTG pass.  Excellent razors!

Biggrin

Mini-update: Production was delayed a couple weeks due to a broken machine. We're back in action and machining should wrap up with a few days.

0 436
 04-05-2017, 01:31 PM
User Info
The machined finish Blackbirds are back in stock and available for purchase now. Polished and black oxide will be available in the next few weeks. Smile

0 436
 04-08-2017, 01:35 AM
User Info
It's been exactly a month since I received my Blackbird. All this month I shaved only with this razor, changing blades and soap for shaving.

As a result, I came to the following conclusion.
The most clean and comfortable shaving of this razor is achieved with the blade of the Personna coming in the kit, as well as with the Polysilver Iridium blade.
And with soap from Martin de Cander.
Shane created a great razor !!!
My Top now looks like this
1. BBS-1
2. Blackbird and Wolfman
3. Rockwell

0 36
 04-08-2017, 05:52 AM
User Info
(04-08-2017, 01:35 AM)Freelancer Wrote: It's been exactly a month since I received my Blackbird. All this month I shaved only with this razor, changing blades and soap for shaving.

As a result, I came to the following conclusion.
The most clean and comfortable shaving of this razor is achieved with the blade of the Personna coming in the kit, as well as with the Polysilver Iridium blade.
And with soap from Martin de Cander.
Shane created a great razor !!!
My Top now looks like this
1. BBS-1
2. Blackbird and Wolfman
3. Rockwell

Thank you! I'm happy to hear you spent a month to really get to know the razor. Smile

0 436
 04-08-2017, 06:43 PM
User Info
Received my Blackbird OC machined finish today and have to say it is a beautiful razor . I took it out for its maiden voyage as well and what a wonderful piece of hardware . It was an effortless shave with a super smooth BBS at the completion of the shave . Thank you Shane for producing such a top notch product .

4 153
 04-19-2017, 01:59 PM
User Info
Received my Blackbird and have been enjoying it for the past two weeks with a Personna Blue and a PolSilver today.

What a smooth, nickless shave.  Great looks and it has the right amount of weight and feel when using it.

Truly a great time to be into wet shaving.

0 41
 04-19-2017, 02:11 PM
User Info
(04-19-2017, 01:59 PM)Surveyor 1953 Wrote: Received my Blackbird and have been enjoying it for the past two weeks with a Personna Blue and a PolSilver today.

What a smooth, nickless shave.  Great looks and it has the right amount of weight and feel when using it.

Truly a great time to be into wet shaving.

Happy to hear it! Thanks for sharing that.

Also, 105k views on this thread is amazing. Many thanks to TSN and Chamm for the opportunity Smile.

0 436