11-14-2015, 04:12 AM
User Info
Tried a new blade, BIC platinum. But the more I think about it rhe more I believe I did s bad job with my lather.. I have been having issues getting a proper lather here lately and I can't figure out why. I load my soap and face lather. Idk if u should try bowl for a bit, Idk here's the results. 

1 87
 11-14-2015, 05:28 AM
User Info
I can't see the image to see what type of lather you were able to generate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

73 2,196
 11-14-2015, 06:26 AM
User Info
To quote from my blog: "BiC Chrome Platinum: Okayish for the first shave, horrible on the second go. Firmly off my list."

3 4,373
 11-14-2015, 07:28 AM
User Info
I would be looking at your prep buddy!,a hot shower,with softening conditioner,scrubbed into the chin works wonders....
Even a Bic,or god forgive,a Merkur blade will cut through my bristles then (only just mind)...
Try some Gillette Rubies,Sputniks,Voskhods,and then see how you get on.... Wink

3 62
 11-14-2015, 07:40 AM
User Info
(11-14-2015, 04:12 AM)Exploziveaf Wrote: Tried a new blade, BIC platinum. But the more I think about it rhe more I believe I did s bad job with my lather.. I have been having issues getting a proper lather here lately and I can't figure out why. I load my soap and face lather. Idk if u should try bowl for a bit, Idk here's the results. 

Wow!

61 3,796
 11-14-2015, 11:57 AM
  • naiyor
  • Ontario, Canada
User Info
I feel for you man. Things will get better. I bet the AS burned that morning Wink

0 356
 11-14-2015, 02:42 PM
User Info
Try to palm lather instead. I started doing this more because I can check the lather by squeezing it out of the brush and then mop it back up and apply it to my face. I normally only do it on trickier soaps and new soaps, but the ones I'm used to I just face lather. I palm lathered ABC the second time using it and it was night and day from my first attempt at face lather, however now I know how much water it takes and what I'm looking for in consistency so I can face lather it too. Give it a try, can't hurt. I used to think bowl lathering was better for dialing in a lather but find that palm is superior now.

13 947
 11-14-2015, 02:46 PM
User Info
(11-14-2015, 11:57 AM)naiyor Wrote: I feel for you man. Things will get better. I bet the AS burned that morning Wink

This makes two of us, that's tough.  Just take your time, develop a great lather, don't hold back, load that brush, heck if you run out of soap, I sent you some Smile. Hydrating is important, so keep it moist, but not bubbly.

I would give that neck a good few days and perhaps hold back a bit on a BBS.  

Good luck!

61 3,796