11-16-2015, 08:41 AM
User Info
I recently received 100 Astra SP Blades and have not found them to be of their usual quality. I feel as if they are not as sharp as they used to be and even tug a little bit. I used to not feel anything at all! My daily driver razor is the Merkur Progress Long Handle, so that has not changed. I am wondering if anyone has noticed something similar or if my perception of these has changed. I don't doubt that my perception of these might have changed as I have noticed that my likes and dislikes have changed over the past 6 years. Anyway, I loaded my Progress with a Feather this morning to see of if technique was to blame, and I have to say I had an awesome shave! Just wondering if Astra is doing something different, or if there are some quality tolerances, or if it is just my perception of the blade!

0 295
 11-16-2015, 09:06 AM
User Info
There is definitely some variation, but I would be surprised if an entire package of 100 blades were all equally substandard. New soap, perhaps?

0 646
 11-22-2015, 06:22 AM
  • DayMan
  • Tennessee
User Info
It might be the weather. My skin is a little dry with the cooler, drier weather and I have noticed that my hair is not cutting as easily as it did in the summer.

3 561