10-18-2018, 03:13 PM
  • DanLaw
  • Just an old slow fat man
  • Peachtree City, GA
User Info
(10-18-2018, 12:07 PM)CHSeifert Wrote: I just started using my Geo F Trumper skinfood as after shave balm and preshave last month and I must say I’m highly impressed.
Though quite costly it is the most comforting AS balm I have used to date.

You only need a pea sized amount and it leaves no oily trace on your skin.

It heals small nicks quite well too.

I’m a fan and this is my new stable in my den. I own all 4 in 200 ml size. I like all scents very much. Not too loud a scent yet still quite present.

You should try ABC balms - vastly superior if more costly

3 290
 10-18-2018, 07:50 PM
User Info
(10-18-2018, 12:07 PM)CHSeifert Wrote: I just started using my Geo F Trumper skinfood as after shave balm and preshave last month and I must say I’m highly impressed.

I’m a fan and this is my new stable in my den. I own all 4 in 200 ml size. I like all scents very much. Not too loud a scent yet still quite present.

Agreed. Their sandalwood smells great (way better than the cream). How do you like the other scents?

I would say the GFT Skinfood is top 3 for me alongside D.R. Harris milk and Castle Forbes balms, and it's probably the best value of the bunch. I also tend to get the most skin relief from it after a bad shave from the balms I've tried. I've also tried AoS, T&H balms and ToBS gels and they're all pretty decent as well.

3 41
 10-18-2018, 08:26 PM
User Info
(10-18-2018, 03:13 PM)DanLaw Wrote:

You should try ABC balms - vastly superior if more costly

How would you say the thickness is on the ABC balms ?

25 6,396
 10-18-2018, 08:39 PM
User Info
I've only used Nivea Men Sensitive Skin Aftershave Balm, Proraso White Balm, Olay Complete and Taylor of Old Bond Street Mr. Taylor's Luxury Aftershave Balm.  Of those that I've tried my absolute favorite hands down is the TOBS.  First, it requires very little product to cover my entire face.  It goes on without any hint of grease, the scent is nice and my face just feels smooth and moisturized afterwards.  It's consistency is sort of like a gel.  It's clear with an amber tint to it.  And again, I only need a very small bubble on my finger and it does the job.  The others are all of a creamy consistency, which isn't necessarily bad but just not as good as the TOBS.  Some of them take a while to be absorbed into the skin which gives them a slightly greasy feel, at least temporarily.  I can and do use them all but if I could only have one it would be the TOBS.

0 94
 10-19-2018, 05:44 AM
User Info
Joop milk/balm and Obsession for men. The Joop scent I have made through Mama Bears here in the US.

0 45
 10-22-2018, 12:28 PM
  • DanLaw
  • Just an old slow fat man
  • Peachtree City, GA
User Info
Abc thicker than GFT but not thick if that makes sense.  And while GFT is good and much less expensive, NOTHING works like abc be it hot humid summer or dead nuts freezing winter.  Worth every expensive penny and have worlds most sensitive skin

3 290