11-20-2015, 09:48 AM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
Is there anyone that interested to organise a Secret Santa this year?

The presents, unused of course, would be at the range of 15-20$. Preferably, we must complete the whole thing within 7-8 days and at the first days of December all the packages must be shipped out.

I see that event taking place on reddit and maybe it's a good idea to make it happen here too. I don't know what do you gentlemen think, but my opinion is that it would be very nice. I would really like to help with the organization but I live far from most of you and US and I have some family issues these days, so no free time available I' m afraid.

49 1,996
 11-20-2015, 11:22 AM
  • Mr_Smartepants
  • Cambridgeshire, UK (CONUS post address)
User Info
It's a bit late to start one now I'd say.  If you were shipping overseas, you'd have to have sent the package by now in order to make it in time.

47 1,924
 11-20-2015, 11:29 AM
User Info
(11-20-2015, 11:22 AM)Mr_Smartepants Wrote: It's a bit late to start one now I'd say.  If you were shipping overseas, you'd have to have sent the package by now in order to make it in time.

I in the USA could simply order from a British vendor like Connaught to have them send to you, and there quick shipping.

18 713
 11-20-2015, 11:49 AM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
(11-20-2015, 11:29 AM)fram773 Wrote:
(11-20-2015, 11:22 AM)Mr_Smartepants Wrote: It's a bit late to start one now I'd say.  If you were shipping overseas, you'd have to have sent the package by now in order to make it in time.

I in the USA could simply order from a British vendor like Connaught to have them send to you, and there quick shipping.

This, or we could make two lists, one for European members and one for CONUS. I don't think it's too difficult.

49 1,996
 11-20-2015, 12:08 PM
User Info
The Mods and Admins have had a short discussion on this subject, and have agreed that while it is getting too late to organise an official TSN Secret Santa we see no reason why Nick and others can't organise an unofficial Secret Santa.

Bear in mind that as with other interactions between the esteemed gentlemen and ladies that are members here at the Nook the administrators, moderators and The Shave Nook are not responsible for possible negative outcomes - same as the B/S/T, really.

On a personal note, I agree with Nick; it would be really nice Smile

On behalf of the ModTeam
Hans M

3 4,495
 11-20-2015, 12:09 PM
  • ddk13
  • USA
User Info
I think I'd be game.

44 618
 11-21-2015, 03:33 AM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
I guess you're right. It's too late to organise something official but if there are European members who would like to organise a little Secret Santa, it would be awesome.

49 1,996