11-20-2015, 11:53 AM
User Info
After waiting forever for Mike to fill an order for shampoo bars, I was finally notified that they were shipped.  Unfortunately, in the interim I had moved.  And despite the fact that I had submitted a change of address to the USPS a week ago, and it had been verified as being in effect last Monday, the carrier attempted to deliver the Priority Mail parcel to my OLD address yesterday and then marked the parcel as undeliverable and to be returned to sender.  And this is not just a First Class item, but 2-day PRIORITY.  So now it will go back to Mike, and I will have to pay a repeat shipping charge to get it sent again to my new address.  Having worked in the past as a USPS clerk-carrier, I can state from experience that the majority of their employees are hired - and then kept on for years as deadwood who can't be fired - for reasons other than competence.

220 12,843
 11-20-2015, 12:00 PM
User Info
I can't stand the USPS and normally use Fed Ex instead. When I do use the past office I go to a gas station we have that offers postal service. In Vegas I have experienced the worsed customer service imaginable. The employees are always rude and usually slow too, but slow in an almost intentional manner. They make good money there and provide poor service, whereas UPS and FedEx employees make less money yet are competent and provide good service usually.

13 947
 11-22-2015, 06:25 PM
User Info
only thing positive I can say about postal service is their priority service is usually priced well and suitable for small items for shaving gears, and they usually deliver within 2~3 scheduled delivery time frame.
First class, not so consistent, but usually delivers within 3~5 days, but tracking information can be inaccurate or not up-to-date sometimes.

Regarding employees, a lot of clerks are usually very very slow, and like hobbyist said, almost intentionally slow, having a mentality of "I get paid by the hour, so I don't have to hurry"

I hate going to post office to ship because it takes forever if I get in line, so if I do ship something, I usually print at home and go to kiosk location with a dropoff box.

53 760