04-04-2019, 03:38 PM
User Info
(04-04-2019, 03:13 PM)TheLegalRazor Wrote: John, the only way to protect yourself is to make the line at the post office, hand the package to the clerk, and use Priority Mail.  You'll walk out with a receipt showing the post office received the item.

Yes, I learned that lesson (and should have learned it long ago).

236 13,734
 04-05-2019, 10:45 AM
User Info
Well, after 4 days of mystery, today the USPS suddenly reported that the parcel I had dropped off is now in transit, having left the local station this morning.  It must have been sitting unnoticed in one of their bins.

236 13,734
 04-05-2019, 11:59 AM
User Info
OH, Oh !! My house number is on my mail box, also on the corner of my driveway....Plus the corner of my house. 
Mailman has delivered my neighbors packages to my door step TWICE. This means, he passed the mailbox, came up the 
drive, passing the number there …..parked in front of the house number, walked passed it , in order to put the package on 
my porch. Huh How....Twice.... Facepalm

1 1,073
 10-04-2019, 12:53 PM
  • w_mcnabb
  • San Antonio, TX
User Info
I am speechless right now. Delivery of my pk47 was delayed 2 days, supposedly available for pickup but when I went to the station Wednesday and Thursday they had no package or explanation, and today it was marked delivered so I'm elated going to open up  my mailbox only to find this empty mailer... This is not on Paladin I guess I have to start a case with Postal Inspector and cross my fingers I'm not out all that money. Why would they even deliver this? Cruel tease and also surely not correct procedures. 
[Image: YuhJPC7.jpg][Image: KmglLun.jpg]

103 525
 10-04-2019, 12:59 PM
User Info
Wow. I hope you get satisfaction.

74 5,613
 10-04-2019, 03:04 PM
User Info
That's terrible.  I know how frustrated you are.  I hope they find your brush, but I'm not optimistic.  However, I'm sure Paladin will take care of you.

60 9,657
 10-04-2019, 04:51 PM
  • SCOV
  • Minnesota
User Info
I have heard of other issues with bulky items in a mailer and item falling out - assume handling or some unfriendly USPS machine.  My purchases from Paladin were always perfect.

I have never been impressed with the San Antonio USPS.  A few purchases including shipment to Minneapolis via Boston.  I always assumed a day or 2 longer than other cities. An order shipped in padded mailer also had problems - no item (could have been the vendor also).

17 853
 11-09-2019, 11:30 AM
User Info
Yesterday I finally received a parcel shipped from Ohio that for some unreason was routed via San Juan, Puerto Rico, before coming to Seattle.  I had filed a complaint, and I did get an apology from a USPS representative but no explanation at all.

236 13,734
 11-09-2019, 03:13 PM
  • SCOV
  • Minnesota
User Info
I have found some local post offices are less efficient.  Shipments from a vendor is San Antonio went to Minnesota via Massachusetts and New Hampshire or they just took longer.  Intl shipments clearing customs in Chicago seem to be placed on very slow trucks.  

My recent shipment from Above the Tie - First Class shipped Saturday and arrived Monday from Kingsport Tennessee.

17 853