07-06-2012, 05:28 AM
User Info
First Use Supermax Ultimate 3 Shave Cream

A kind forum member hooked me up with this Supermax product, and I thought I'd give some first impressions after I used it for the first time.

First, the product comes in plastic tube, and is packaged in a blue, modern looking box with simple graphics:

[Image: supermax.jpg]

The box touts the inclusion of Aloe Vera, Vitamin E, and Tea Tree Oil. I like all 3 of those ingredients so I was intrigued.

Lathering was no issue. I hit it with my Vulfix Grosvenor, and in the expected time I had a shave worthy product in my lather bowl. It may have been a tad less 'firm' than I like, but that could have been a water ratio issue.

The scent was subtle and clean. Nothing jumped out at me, which was interesting since tea tree oil usually stands out in most products. To me the scent was fairly non-descript, which is not an issue with me at all.

It shaved perfectly well, but it didn't seem to excel in any area during the shave. Slip and glide were well within tolerances without being exceptional. My whiskers seemed to be well prepared for the blade, and I encountered no negative events while the shave was underway.

The post shave feel is probably where the product stand out to me. My face felt grand when the shave was complete. I just hit my face with my usual rose water/witch hazel mix, and gave my face a good faceterbation with my hands. Everything was smooth, and my face felt great. A+

P.S. I looked for the product on SuperMax's website and it is not listed. I've read that it might be discontinued ( along with its cousins Lemon Lime, and Menthol ).

0 252
 07-06-2012, 07:34 AM
User Info
Thanks so much for the review. i hope you continue to enjoy the cream.

75 20,883
 07-07-2012, 06:58 AM
  • gijames
  • Mile High Soldier
  • TN, USA
User Info
thank you for sharing your review Biggrin

It is nice when that soft-smooth feeling happens, and we continue to rub our face in awe Blush

9 1,684
 07-08-2012, 08:56 AM
User Info
I have some myself but have not given a true try, as I had only used a pea size amount with some Tabac.

Thanks for the great review.

5 833
 05-22-2013, 05:11 PM
User Info
SuperMax is still offering a tubed cream,new package now bears a name of a brand, 3rd party manufacturer is still Bulgarian.

0 162