11-23-2015, 01:01 AM
  • Shaun
  • St Peters, NSW, Australia
User Info
Arrived today in the most beautiful packaging from Singapore: Vintage Yardley shaving soap. 

Check out the stamps Smile

Couple of other things to check out: The centre boss on the lid (the knob) says "London" not "England", but, more unusually, the puck itself is stamped 'Yardley's", not "Yardley" and arranged in a circle, the centre of which says "By Appointment". I have scanned old advertisements, and can only see "Yardley's" with the possessive as per hand soaps from around 1935. I'll be on the safer side and say this soap dates from 1940 (?) If so, 75 years old?

The scent? Incredible. Yes, it's all there. Woody, cardamon deliciousness. Yardley has an unmistakable scent. It may have to do with the fact it was stored at the back of a linen closet for years, and the climate in Singpaore might have suited the product very well.

Has anyone any advice on the age? I really couldn't say for sure. Can't wait to use it Smile

[Image: jfzth7a.jpg]
[Image: fQOpEID.jpg]
[Image: FowPNU7.jpg]
[Image: TXGYpwc.jpg]

0 1,759
 11-23-2015, 03:31 AM
User Info
Very nice score!

21 368
 11-23-2015, 07:58 AM
User Info
Nice score! I have some too, but it has no scent whatsoever. Performance is great. Wish I knew how to re-infuse some scent..

20 367
 11-23-2015, 03:12 PM
User Info
That was a great find! I love this soap and still have a stash of three or four bowls of it.

8 843