simple and clear labeling
nice flow limiter

Scent:
clean, neutral, masculine with herbal notes
tonic is slightly more robust than lotion in terms of scent
dissipates cleanly in about 10 minutes or less

Performance:
superb
zero sting (no alcohol in the tonic or lotion)
quickly absorbed
skin feels soft and supple
tonic is thinner consistency than lotion
neither is 'heavy' or 'greasy'

Overall I'm impressed with these post shave products.
The nice thing is that they can be used with any soap/cream scent and/or EdT, without clashing.

Well done, Larry.

102 18,552
 11-24-2015, 08:43 AM
User Info
Thanks for the review.  Looking forward to my stash! Biggrin

61 3,796
 12-01-2015, 10:08 PM
User Info
Thanks Ravi. 

Am I right in thinking the tonic could be used in place of an aftershave or balm, and the lotion used instead of a regular moisturiser?

And would the lotion be used more broadly over the face than just over the shaved area?

Sorry for all the questions - I currently use an aloe Vera based moisturiser after an ASL or ASB, and this possibly looks like a good alternative.

Adam.

1 81
 12-02-2015, 05:17 AM
  • Agravic
  • Super Moderator
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
(12-01-2015, 10:08 PM)Basilsniffer Wrote: Thanks Ravi. 

Am I right in thinking the tonic could be used in place of an aftershave or balm, and the lotion used instead of a regular moisturiser?

And would the lotion be used more broadly over the face than just over the shaved area?

Sorry for all the questions - I currently use an aloe Vera based moisturiser after an ASL or ASB, and this possibly looks like a good alternative.

Adam.

Yes, this is exactly how I've used these products on my face.

102 18,552
 12-02-2015, 10:58 AM
User Info
Thanks again Ravi. I can feel another order coming on.

1 81
 12-05-2015, 11:53 PM
User Info
Sounds like another great product.
Have had great results with CRSW soaps - will try booth for sure.
Thanks for the post & review.

20 164
 12-14-2015, 03:28 PM
User Info
Nice review Ravi! I received mine and they are both fantastic. The tonic acts as a stand alone moisturizer and is plenty for me. The lotion is nice and light, non-greasy and good for the time when I use those extra drying coconut oil vegan soaps. I love the scents, classic old school.

1 127
 01-03-2016, 04:38 PM
  • eengler
  • Administrator
  • South Dakota, USA
User Info
Great Impressions Ravi! 

My experience after a week of daily use is an overall increase in base skin moisture. To elaborate the winter is very unkind to my skin and I struggle with multiple applications of balm to get things under control. I have used the Replenish and Nourish after every shower and or shave covering my entire face. With the easy to apply consistency of both products it spreads and absorbs very cleanly leaving hydrated moist skin. I feel the moisturizing effect to be very lasting. As Ravi mentioned it is very compatible with all scents which is real nice. Just another wonderful product from Cold River Soap Works. Bravo Larry!
[Image: MmF2p5N.jpg]

59 4,382
 01-07-2016, 01:51 PM
  • Wrathen
  • Gulf Breeze, FL
User Info
Cool thanks for the thoughts I had been contemplating a CRSW order and kept looking at this wondering.

15 770
 01-12-2016, 10:37 AM
User Info
What is the correct to buy if i only will use as a aftershave?

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

3 1,036
 01-12-2016, 11:22 AM
User Info
(01-12-2016, 10:37 AM)jfim88 Wrote: What is the correct to buy if i only will use as a aftershave?

Do you have more dry or oily skin?

I bought the Nourish bottle and it is similar to a balsam, thin consistency balm.

79 1,295
 01-12-2016, 11:27 AM
User Info
(01-12-2016, 11:22 AM)zaclikestoshave Wrote:
(01-12-2016, 10:37 AM)jfim88 Wrote: What is the correct to buy if i only will use as a aftershave?

I bought the Nourish bottle and it is similar to a balsam, thin consistency balm.

Mine is more oily that dry. So Replenish will be better?

3 1,036
 01-12-2016, 12:07 PM
User Info
(01-12-2016, 11:27 AM)jfim88 Wrote:
(01-12-2016, 11:22 AM)zaclikestoshave Wrote:

Indeed. I will likely get the Replenish as summer comes closer. I do enjoy toning splashed but the weather here in SoCal is still cold and dry so I have been getting some great use with the Nourish.

Hopefully you enjoy using it.

79 1,295
 01-12-2016, 12:18 PM
User Info
(01-12-2016, 12:07 PM)zaclikestoshave Wrote:
(01-12-2016, 11:27 AM)jfim88 Wrote:
(01-12-2016, 11:22 AM)zaclikestoshave Wrote: Do you have more dry or oily skin?

Indeed. I will likely get the Replenish as summer comes closer. I do enjoy toning splashed but the weather here in SoCal is still cold and dry so I have been getting some great use with the Nourish.

Hopefully you enjoy using it.

Thanks!

3 1,036
 02-05-2016, 06:37 AM
User Info
I wish both product would not contain carcirogene controversial EDTA.

PS: to the moderator who deleted my previous comment, please do not. The product composition is not a secret, and I believe Larry deserves to know the good and bads about his products so he can keep on improving them. I'm not bashing CRSW, I love it, and wish they don't use EDTA in the future. If that's too much asking, then delete my account after you delete this comment.

0 12
 02-05-2016, 06:51 AM
  • Agravic
  • Super Moderator
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
(02-05-2016, 06:37 AM)monkkx Wrote: I wish both product would not contain carcirogene EDTA.

PS: to the moderator who deleted my previous comment, please do not. The product composition is not a secret, and I believe Larry deserves to know the good and bads about his products so he can keep on improving them. I'm not bashing CRSW, I love it, and wish they don't use EDTA in the future. If that's too much asking, then delete my account after you delete this comment.

This has not been clearly established or proven.
These products continue to be used widely in cosmetic industry.

I ask that we not engage in political arguments about this issue either.

102 18,552
 02-05-2016, 10:13 AM
User Info
(02-05-2016, 06:37 AM)monkkx Wrote: I wish both product would not contain carcirogene controversial EDTA.

I am not HAPPY to see these or parabens in certain products but find a bit of common theme. If there is multiple ingredients that are natural, have healing properties, and are good for the skin, then the ingredients will have the chance to spoil over time and lose some of the intended effect.

I heard one person say this and it was an interesting way to put it. Preservatives are not there for any added benefit to the skin, but help preserve the shelf life and do good for the ingredients in the mixture.

My take is, it is not only the fact that the Tetrasodium EDTA is low on the ingredient list, but it has x amount of ingredients in larger proportions in comparison to the preservative. So maybe you COULD (sarcasm alert) harm yourself if you use the entire inclusion of the preservative in the bottle, but again, it is going to be diluted down quite a bit from all of the other wonderful oils and butters as well as herbal extracts.

Monkkx, not in any way trying to come across negative to you at all. I look at all the ingredients of every products before I buy something and sometimes I do not buy something if it doesn't intrigue me or seem like it comes across as second rate. I guess my thought is that one ingredient doesn't stop me from trying an artisans time and effort to put together a wonderful product.

Although I won't give me comments here on Oliva, I followed my first shave using it with Nourish. I like to use Nourish here and there on days that my face could use a bit of moisture to combat the dryness if I haven't shaved. But following the Oliva soap, the face feel later in the day was notable and I was very pleased with the supple feeling and look to my skin. I think the pairing did a bit of clearing up with my complexion.

79 1,295
 02-05-2016, 10:19 AM
User Info
To comply with the moderator request, let's not debate on edta my friend Wink yes, the products works well, smells good, and is as good as one would expect from crsw. A v2 with a cleaner ingredient list would make even a tree hugger wet shaver happy Smile

0 12
 02-05-2016, 10:24 AM
User Info
I assumed I missed something that came across as political in the deleted comment. But again, I have similar thoughts as you concerning said ingredient, but have a different perspective on viewing products. Don't be afraid to post your thoughts, but as Ravi said, some people dig themselves a whole if they are making claims that are difficult to back up.

Feel free to PM if you would like to talk more and welcome to TSN Monkkx.

79 1,295
 07-05-2016, 05:17 AM
User Info
Larry heard us and removed some controvertial ingredients from the nourrish formula, thanks a lot. But I can't any longer see the replenish product. Has it been discontinued?

0 12