11-25-2015, 03:18 PM
User Info
If you have/had it, do you like it?  I'm especially interested in how the wood handles hold up and feel in the hand.

3 126
 11-25-2015, 03:56 PM
User Info
I had the Kosmo in black resin. 
I didn't care for it, and sold it after little use. 

The handle looks nice but I didn't like the way it felt in hand. It is small, the base has a rather harsh edge, not sharp but it was a bit uncomfortable to hold or to easily get a secure hold, compared to other handle designs. 

I am not a fan of this Muhle synthetic knot either. It is very dense, so it doesn't splay easily or at least not to my preference, and the loft is a bit too high IMO. Some people like it so, as always, YMMV. 

Also, because I use circular brush strokes, the knot often unscrewed itself from the handle (they are not glued) but if I were going to keep it I would have probably put some glue to keep it fixed there. 

It is not a cheap brush, for what it is. 
I preferred my cheap $15 Frank Shaving synthetic to this one. I think the Razorock synthetic "Plissoft" brushes make a lot more sense, or maybe the whipped dog offerings and and at that price range, the Asylum brushes have much nicer handles. 

FWIW, I was able to get a Pur Tech knot on ebay,  back when they were cheap, and set it lower in a larger hole in a vintage handle I restored so I get better backbone and better splay and flow because the knot is not so tight.

6 808
 11-25-2015, 04:04 PM
User Info
Thanks for the feedback.  Those are the kind of things I worry about with wood and different looking handles.

3 126
 11-25-2015, 10:28 PM
  • P.B
  • UK
User Info
I had a faux horn handled one.  I found the handle a little uncomfortable, as there are no concave surfaces for one's fingers to grip I found myself griping the handle tighter to avoid it slipping and that's why I got rid of it.  Shame because it looks great.

1 214
 11-27-2015, 02:22 AM
User Info
I do like the Kosmo range. They look great and the ergonomics are fine with me.

Mine are in the new Citrin, a fresh yellow and have silvertip fibers knots.

Whether or not the ergonomics work is a matter of YMMV, I think. I remember the tonneau shaped beehives bij shavemac, forum LE of a cpuple of years ago.

That beehive tonneau shape did not get the approval of all members also, whereas others liked it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

0 655