11-26-2015, 12:02 PM
User Info
I have seen this brush on eBay a thousand times, at prices from $8 - $18.
I never bought one, though I like boar brushes and that shade of green.  
So last week I bought one for the bargain price of $5 shipped.  It arrived yesterday, 
so I gave it a test lather or three, and the little green groper just wont stop shedding.  
A waste of money at any price.  If you see one for sale, don't buy it.  Walk on by.
[Image: OBGf7kD.jpg]

11 84
 11-26-2015, 12:40 PM
  • chamm
  • Expert on nothing
  • Central Ohio
User Info
I'm surprised to hear this sentiment. That very brush came in my first Van Der Hagen shaving kit! I still use it often ... to scrub out the soap scum from my sink. Wink

Apart from that, yeah, totally useless. Biggrin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22 824
 11-26-2015, 12:44 PM
  • chamm
  • Expert on nothing
  • Central Ohio
User Info
Incidentally, these are $7.34 at my local Wal-Mart. I would never recommend these for use for actual shaving, but aside from sink-scrubbing, it's also a great brush to give to my 4 year old daughter when she wants to play with one of my priceless, irreplaceable shaving brushes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22 824
 11-28-2015, 10:28 AM
User Info
The VDH boar thingie is lean mean shedding machine and that seems to be a accurate Chinese replica.

6 808
 11-28-2015, 07:02 PM
User Info
Another one to avoid. Boreal. Pretty easy now as I no longer see them in but I had two fall apart on myself, and a third fell apart on another member that purchased from me.

21 607
 11-30-2015, 11:11 AM
  • Attila
  • The Hungarian Blade
  • Vancouver, Canada
User Info
Beware of BSO!  Brush shaped objects...    Biggrin

In my life I've found if something appears too good to be true, it usually is! 

Also, now that I'm on the topic.  Life is too short to shave with "questionable" brushes.  Wink

14 871