11-27-2015, 09:55 PM
User Info
I have the following

Williams, love it, scent is good to me.

razorock classic shaving cream. scent is good but it isn't as slick and protective as Williams.

leas classic cream in tube. I like it, to much cream used to make the lather can give me headaches.

I have chemical allergies and im looking to branch out into nicer soaps. Or creams. I like Williams and Leas, but I fully admit they can dry out on me.

0 157
 11-28-2015, 07:28 AM
User Info
One of the nicest and cleanest scents of all soaps and creams that I've owned is AdP current formula, and it happens to be an exceptional performer too. If you haven't ever smelled it just go into a Saks or Neiman Markus sometime and check it out. It has an aquatic, lemony scent to my nose, but more complex.

13 947
 11-28-2015, 09:24 AM
User Info
Many of the artisanal soaps have unscented options that are excellent.

83 21,111
 11-28-2015, 10:09 AM
  • Nero
  • ACV is my new BFF
  • le montagne
User Info
I would grab a free sample from an AoS store. They have packets of Unscented shave cream and AS balm, both of which are very hard to beat in performance, IMO.
I don't use pre shave oil but that's in the sample packet too

62 3,008
 11-28-2015, 11:45 AM
User Info
Am I misreading the post because to me it sounds like the OP wants to try some other scents of nicer products but has to be careful due to chemical allergies?

13 947
 11-28-2015, 04:15 PM
User Info
(11-28-2015, 11:45 AM)Hobbyist Wrote: Am I misreading the post because to me it sounds like the OP wants to try some other scents of nicer products but has to be careful due to chemical allergies?

that's exactly the problem my friend. I have chemical allergies. Just walking down the scented garbage bag aisle at walmart can give me a migraine. Going through the shampoo or deodorant section is just as bad.

I like leas classic cream, its nice and all, but if I use to much I can get a migraine from it as well. both from the menthol and from the sandalwood and oak moss. I have hard water, and leas classic likes a lot of water so I kinda have a mild issue anytime I use it.

I went through the bullgoose shaving site last night, and there are some interesting shave creams from Portugal, out of stock, that proclaim great things. And a few savon? from france that claim to be super slick and formulated for straight razors.

It took 4 months to use half a tube of leas classic shaving cream and im still barely a 1/3 of the way into a jar of razorock classic cream at the moment. used it today, its a fairly decent product but not the best for my skin. not as slick as Williams.

0 157
 11-28-2015, 04:50 PM
User Info
I still believe some of the artisanal unscented options would work very well for you as they have very simple ingredients with no fragrance or essential oils and they will, more than likely, keep your skin feeling very good.
Best of luck.

83 21,111
 11-28-2015, 04:59 PM
User Info
(11-28-2015, 04:50 PM)celestino Wrote: I still believe some of the artisanal unscented options would work very well for you as they have very simple ingredients with no fragrance or essential oils and they will, more than likely, keep your skin feeling very good.
Best of luck.

I too would go for all natural artisan or other all natural product. Unscented may be best too. I thought he meant a higher end lightly scented product, which AdP would fall under.

13 947
 11-28-2015, 06:40 PM
User Info
I echo the unscented AoS rec; not only one of the better unscented creams, but a solid performer, amongst creams on the whole. They also make a well-performing unscented hard soap.

0 529
 11-28-2015, 06:42 PM
User Info
Provence Sante Verlaine. Heavenly light floral scent that relaxes the soul. I am sensitive to strong scents also. Some people swear by the Provence Sante Green tea as well.

18 713