11-28-2015, 07:36 PM
User Info
I've seen a number of posts and threads articulating what artisan soaps are based on various sense. Currently I am very interested in Creed Aventus.

I understand that RR Freedberg and Stirling Executive Man are both based on this scent. What others would you include in this list as well?

Any aftershaves you would include as well?

Would love to hear everyone's opinion.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

3 117
 11-28-2015, 07:41 PM
User Info
Fine Platinum AS is "inspired" by Aventus.

2 81
 11-28-2015, 08:24 PM
User Info
Reading the profile, maybe Beaver Woodwright Queen Anne? Exec. Man is great, I use that and then spray Aventus a few times a week.

55 923
 11-28-2015, 09:21 PM
User Info
Gingers Garden has an Aveentus clone but I have not tried it to compare.

13 223
 11-30-2015, 06:17 AM
  • Steelman
  • SUPPORT OUR POLICE OFFICERS
  • Delaware
User Info
You could just get yourself an early Christmas gift...and get the real deal 

[Image: eXdeeHy.jpg]

159 1,316
 11-30-2015, 07:34 AM
User Info
$45 for the puck with free shipping at http://www.nordstrom.com.  

Pricey, to be sure.  

I don't know anything about the performance of the Creed soaps, either.  Nor the scent strength, for that matter.  

I think Executive Man smells pretty great, so if you like the Stirling soap base you can get a nicely scented soap for a lot less.  Then again, it is the holiday season......

2 1,391
 11-30-2015, 07:38 AM
User Info
(11-30-2015, 06:17 AM)Steelman Wrote: You could just get yourself an early Christmas gift...and get the real deal 

[Image: eXdeeHy.jpg]

Unfortunately I believe this is just a bath soap not a shaving soap.
The shaving soaps Creed produces are shown below:
[Image: 29hxhE6.png]

73 2,200
 11-30-2015, 07:40 AM
User Info
(11-30-2015, 07:34 AM)kingfisher Wrote: $45 for the puck with free shipping at http://www.nordstrom.com.  

Pricey, to be sure

I don't know anything about the performance of the Creed soaps, either.  Nor the scent strength, for that matter.  

I think Executive Man smells pretty great, so if you like the Stirling soap base you can get a nicely scented soap for a lot less.  Then again, it is the holiday season......

Unfortunately the price of the shaving soaps is $115, not $45.  $45 gets you a bar of bath soap... Undecided

73 2,200
 11-30-2015, 08:13 AM
User Info
(11-30-2015, 07:40 AM)merkur man Wrote:
(11-30-2015, 07:34 AM)kingfisher Wrote: $45 for the puck with free shipping at http://www.nordstrom.com.  

Pricey, to be sure

Unfortunately the price of the shaving soaps is $115, not $45.  $45 gets you a bar of bath soap... Undecided

Neiman sells the Creed shave soaps for$90 or $95 and I think one of the sites in Europe has them for much less. I paid $90 for the balm and then found it online for much less. Just make sure you but from authorized seller to avoid fakes. I have a site bookmarked on my laptop at home if anyone needs it.

13 947
 11-30-2015, 09:18 AM
  • Nero
  • Ban Groupthink from Earth
  • le montagne
User Info
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I actually do not recommend buying the Creed soaps… of course, YMMV, but here is my experience.

1.  The wooden bowl is a NIGHTMARE.  The surface of the wood is left naked (not stained/finished), so any lathering inside the bowl will make water leech inside the actual wood, which makes the wood smell... which makes the soap smell like wet wood... which means you had bought a REALLY expensive soap mainly for its fragrance, but the fragrance is very soon overtaken and lost to the wet wood scent (which, by the way, doesn't even smell as good as it might sound, so please don't get excited that this wet wood smells good, because it's very similar to wet cardboard).  Now you have a really expensive soap that smells like wet cardboard, but the main reason you bought it was for its EdT scent.

2.  I've used both Original Vetiver and Green Irish Tweed shave soaps, and they both left me incredibly dried out, very very noticeably dried out.

3.  I even used their AS Balm a few times to help with the dryness of my skin (from using their soaps)… but their ASB just BURNS my face.

This is one of those products that keeps (me) losing.

57 2,552
 11-30-2015, 09:39 AM
User Info
(11-30-2015, 09:18 AM)Nero Wrote: Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I actually do not recommend buying the Creed soaps… of course, YMMV, but here is my experience.

1.  The wooden bowl is a NIGHTMARE.  The surface of the wood is left naked (not stained/finished), so any lathering inside the bowl will make water leech inside the actual wood, which makes the wood smell... which makes the soap smell like wet wood... which means you had bought a REALLY expensive soap mainly for its fragrance, but the fragrance is very soon overtaken and lost to the wet wood scent (which, by the way, doesn't even smell as good as it might sound, so please don't get excited that this wet wood smells good, because it's very similar to wet cardboard).  Now you have a really expensive soap that smells like wet cardboard, but the main reason you bought it was for its EdT scent.

2.  I've used both Original Vetiver and Green Irish Tweed shave soaps, and they both left me incredibly dried out, very very noticeably dried out.

3.  I even used their AS Balm a few times to help with the dryness of my skin (from using their soaps)… but their ASB just BURNS my face.

This is one of those products that keeps (me) losing.

The bowl and price turned me off but I wanted to have the GIT scent so I opted for the balm. I actually like the balm, and even with my sensitive skin I have never had any issues.  It's actually quite nice but due to lacking menthol I prefer Soap Commander and Stirling. I will just buy the Creed fragrances in the future and avoid the shave products. They have some amazing fragrances to choose from and Vetiver is one of my favorites, along with Royal Mayfair which I have.

13 947
 11-30-2015, 10:47 AM
User Info
Thanks for the correction, guys. 

The Stirling Executive Man is looking better and better.........

2 1,391
 11-30-2015, 11:09 AM
  • ARGH
  • Boston, MA
User Info
My favorite EdT for the past three years was/is Creed Aventus and I spent almost a year looking  for a shaving soap and an AS (splash) that would have similar smell, but would still be a very good shaving soap and an aftershave. I tried a few combinations and finally settled on the Stirling Executive Man (both soap and AS)

111 1,406