11-30-2015, 10:16 AM
User Info
I have a can of barbasol with aloe ive been using. its not bad at all. It gets awful close and has minimal irritation but the thing is it isn't the greatest on its own. Today I lathered with razorock classic cream and a nickel size ball of barbasol smeared on my wet face. ive been mainly a face lather man for last few months.

I got super close today with my flare, I hate how it performs with Williams or razorock alone. but today it was a lot better did 3 passes and no skin ripped off.

So I am curious about the French soaps with aloe, and the Portuguese stuff as well. How do they compare in feel and slickness? I know barbasol is everywhere and so is razorock.

0 157
 11-30-2015, 10:50 AM
User Info
You might want to consider the many artisanal soaps in the US as they are very good and there would be no need to use two products, at once, or Barbasol, again. Shy

83 21,109
 11-30-2015, 10:03 PM
User Info
well im not so big on the artisanal soaps. not from bad luck trying them but from what artisanal actually is.
musgo can be considered artisanal, they make a 30 gallon batch of cream at a time.. process it over a few days and package.

The company that makes baked beans in glass jars in usa. that company is artisanal by definition, 50 gallon cooker pot, and hundreds going at the same time.

theres ONE "artisanal" company in the us that I have talked to, about getting an unscented product from, and their reply was if I sent in the money last month, when their next shipment of base soap arrived, they would set me a container aside before they scented the whole shipment.
so is that artisanal? purchase pre made soap base, scent it and then package it.

Its like the beer industry in America, few people realize the brew pubs simply buy 50 pound bags of mix, that they merely have to dump into a brew kettle system, and add water.

Art of Shaving might be a good thing to investigate because they use the same lather enhancers Williams uses.

0 157
 11-30-2015, 10:56 PM
User Info
Well, I still believe quite a few of the 'artisanal' soaps with their unscented version would be very good options as I know that their soap performs, excellently and you may be surprised.
However, YMMV, as they say. 
Good luck.

83 21,109