12-01-2015, 06:30 AM
User Info
Hey guys I hope all is well,

I have just signed up to become part of Soap Commanders Seasonal Scent Crew, first off I am very excited about the prospect of taking part in this as this is the first year it has been available to international customers (it is only their second year running it). Second, I went for Gold membership and the chance to participate in choosing some of the seasonal scents is interesting.

In my opinion SC are the leaders in Seasonal scents creating some of the finest - last year they gave us resolution, connection, renewal and a firm favourite of mine and many of you, gusto!

The first scent up this year for winter is going to be Fortitude, although Darren and Carrie are yet to officially release what the scent profile is if you snoop around its not hard to find out and I think it's going to be a cracker.

I am looking to hear opinions from those that took part last year and those that will be taking part this year. What is your thoughts and what are you hoping for scent wise?

Thanks for taking part and have a good day!

4 642
 12-01-2015, 06:42 AM
User Info
(12-01-2015, 06:30 AM)Windsor Citrus Wrote: The first scent up this year for winter is going to be Fortitude, although Darren and Carrie are yet to officially release what the scent profile is if you snoop around its not hard to find out and I think it's going to be a cracker.

Just so people don't have to snoop too hard, Fortitude's scent is listed on the label as Hay, Tobacco & Rum according to this recent tweet from Soap Commander:

[Image: CVJJq9WWEAAh6qP.jpg]

-Andy

0 23
 12-01-2015, 06:58 AM
User Info
Haha, I completely missed that I was actually talking about it being hidden elsewhere but it appears we can take this now as officially released, thank you Andy.

4 642
 12-01-2015, 07:08 AM
User Info
You're welcome Oli, it sounds like a great scent!

0 23
 12-01-2015, 09:12 AM
User Info
It does, I am trying to imagine how it will come out, I have an idea but I will probably be wrong. The hay element is something we haven't come across before so that is interesting. 

I think the tobacco will interest those that have a love for those types of scent, Rum may add some spice and sweetness.

4 642
 12-01-2015, 04:36 PM
User Info
I was on the SSC last year and have signed up for it again this year; gold both times. Gusto and Resolution were my favorites from last year while Renewal was pretty good. Connection wasn't my favorite but definitely not a bad scent. It was the only one when I had the samples to vote on that I really didn't have any that I hoped would win. The other 3 were all ones that I voted for. I almost didn't sign up for it again this year as I have so many Soap Commander soaps that it will take me forever to go through them. However, I love the process of being involved and working with two of the greatest people around; Darren & Carrie. 

This new Fortitude sounds interesting. Right now I would say it could be a great scent or could be a bad one. Giving my experience with Darren and Soap Commander I expect it will be a winner. Looking forward to receiving mine later this week.

31 8,058
 12-01-2015, 05:22 PM
User Info
I was part of the seasonal crew last year and gladly signed up again.  The soaps are worth every penny, Darren and Carrie are hard working artisans and getting a few samples in the mail every few months is never a bad thing.  Gusto was the soap that finally broke my wife down and got her to try wet shaving.  It's probably my favorite summer scent of all time. 

Welcome to the club and I'm looking for to Fortitude.  Should be in my mailbox tomorrow I'm hoping!

13 223
 12-01-2015, 06:50 PM
User Info
I might have to sign up but I am getting too many soaps lately. Of the two different scents I have from Soap Commander, Vision and Passion, both soaps and balms, I am highly impressed. The quality of their soap (bath and shave soaps) is excellent, and there balms are my favorite.

13 947
 12-02-2015, 12:29 PM
User Info
So fortitude is on its way to me today, can't wait for it to arrive I think it's going to be a good one. Being in the UK I will probably get mine later than most of you so early thoughts would be good to hear.

4 642