12-01-2015, 06:42 PM
User Info
Was bidding on a razor from Brazil on a popular auction site and I got to thinking how many countries actually manufactured DE razors .I thought I'd start by looking at my collection and found representatives from 18 different countries . There must be many more countries that produced DEs in the last 100+ years. Here are mine.

Brazil - I won the auction
Canada
China
Czechoslovakia - pre split communist razor
Egypt
England
France
Germany
India
Italy
Japan
Mexico
Poland
Russia
Spain
Switzerland
Thailand
USA

Glenn

2 50
 12-02-2015, 01:54 AM
User Info
Not very common razors, but once in a while, a "LUSO safety-razor" pops in amongst the Portuguese wet-shaving community.

They were produced in Portugal. I am myself the owner of one of those, found it on an antique market.

[Image: P1040780.jpg]

There's also the Wilkinson Classic. Also known as "Treet Delrin" - and produced in Pakistan.

2 5,547
 12-02-2015, 12:00 PM
User Info
Nice post.  I realized some years ago that shaving has become a genuine multi-national experience.  These days, for me, it includes US, Germany and Japan (razor), Russia and Japan (blades), England, France and China (brush), Germany, France, Italy, England and US (cream and soap), France and Italy (after-shave).   Not including the other items on the shelf I am not using currently.

Stanley

2 155
 12-02-2015, 04:49 PM
User Info
(12-02-2015, 01:54 AM)oversaturn Wrote: Not very common razors, but once in a while, a "LUSO safety-razor" pops in amongst the Portuguese wet-shaving community.

They were produced in Portugal. I am myself the owner of one of those, found it on an antique market.

[Image: P1040780.jpg]

There's also the Wilkinson Classic. Also known as "Treet Delrin" - and produced in Pakistan.

Thanks for the info , beautiful razor and a nice find. I really enjoy European razors and the lesser known ones don't seem to draw a lot of attention ,I've had some great finds at reasonable prices.  Razors seems to show a bit of the of the national character of their country of origin and it is always fun speculating  on the stories behind them. Shaving is a common practice that we can share no matter where we live.

Glenn

2 50
 12-02-2015, 04:55 PM
User Info
(12-02-2015, 12:00 PM)radioman4 Wrote: Nice post.  I realized some years ago that shaving has become a genuine multi-national experience.  These days, for me, it includes US, Germany and Japan (razor), Russia and Japan (blades), England, France and China (brush), Germany, France, Italy, England and US (cream and soap), France and Italy (after-shave).   Not including the other items on the shelf I am not using currently.

Stanley

Thanks for your thoughts and  input , glad you like the post .I not only reflect on the country of origin I also think of the people who owned or produced the products I use . I agree it is a multi-national experience and I like that aspect of the forums. 

Glenn

2 50