12-02-2015, 08:17 AM
User Info
I purchased a 10-pack off of eBay. Used the first one today.

I decided to take a trip to Italy and prepped with Proraso Pre and whipped up some Proraso green from the tub.

I really like the design of the old Bic Metal...the head not as thick and bloated as the Bic cart of today. I was able to get under my not-so-huge nose very easily, usually difficult for me with DE or other carts.

No worries about the ingrowns that plague me with multi blade carts.

Bic Metal are great. Wish the still sold them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16 283
 12-02-2015, 12:01 PM
User Info
Those are what I started shaving with. I used them for years and I remember getting really, really good shaves. Maybe I should get a few off ebay. Later on, I switched to a Gillette Sensor, which was pretty much my all time favorite cartridge razor before I started using a DE

0 72
 12-18-2015, 11:51 AM
User Info
Used the Bic Metal again today...really, really nice shave!!!

I don't fear ingrowns as it's a single blade, though I'd imagine too much pressure might result in a few.

BBS, 3 pass shave..98% as good as my best DE.

16 283
 12-19-2015, 01:03 PM
User Info
The BiCworld website says they're still selling them in "Europe, Near and Middle East, Africa and Asia"

https://www.bicworld.com/us/products/details/178/metal

I got mine off ebay like you did, and they are my favorite disposable razor. I got about 40 of them, so I should be set for life!

5 394
 12-30-2015, 09:43 AM
  • HUF
  • Massachusetts
User Info
BIC Metal is definitely an "under-the-nose" razor. I would also recommend Schick Twin ST2 for the same spot.

1 90
 01-10-2016, 07:58 PM
User Info
I got 15 Bic Metal razors off eBay and for the money they work great but prefer the Gillette Guard. The Guards seem sharper and last a lot longer than the Bics. I use both the guards and the Bics for the first face pass and second pass on my head after using the triple Head Blade for the first pass on my head and finish, third pass, with either the 3 blade Feather Neo or the Gillette Fusion for a BBS shave with no irritation.
I don't think I will be getting any more Bics as I think the Guards are much better for my purpose.

18 201
 01-10-2016, 10:25 PM
User Info
(01-10-2016, 07:58 PM)houlejames Wrote: I got 15 Bic Metal razors off eBay and for the money they work great but prefer the Gillette Guard. The Guards seem sharper and last a lot longer than the Bics. I use both the guards and the Bics for the first face pass and second pass on my head after using the triple Head Blade for the first pass on my head and finish, third pass, with either the 3 blade Feather Neo or the Gillette Fusion for a BBS shave with no irritation.
I don't think I will be getting any more Bics as I think the Guards are much better for my purpose.

Wow -- thanks for the post. I have a Gillette Guard, but I haven't used it yet. As a die-hard BiC METAL devotee, I will be difficult to convince, but I like to be open minded. It's my impression that the Guard razor pivots -- am I wrong? I think I've been trying to re-create the safety razor I love, with the nearest thing I could get past the TSA at the airport = BiC METAL.

I may have to re-think this and give my Guard razor a try. I also think the Feather NEO is a wonderful razor -- it gets my vote for BEST multi-blade razor. I have way more than fifteen BiC METALs, so I will be sad if I find they're no longer my first choice.

5 394
 01-12-2016, 02:29 PM
User Info
The Guard does pivot. Don't get me wrong..the Guard is decent, but IO find the simplicity of the Metal and its ability to get under the shnozz a plus.

I do have the Neo...just got some twin Feather carts for it. I definitely prefer the Twins to the Triple blades. Different animal entirely to the Guard and Metal.

16 283
 08-24-2016, 02:24 PM
  • MikeGJ
  • Grand Junction, CO
User Info
(08-24-2016, 01:13 PM)theshavingman476 Wrote: Is this the same BIC Company that makes those crappy one dollar ''throw away after you shave once with them'' razors? If so I have a huge grudge against this company.

Yes, it is.  No grudges here, please.  

The BIC Metal is a good disposable.

1 108
 08-24-2016, 02:54 PM
User Info
I was excited to try these, mainly for head shaving and as quick-shave option for facial hair.

But they disappointed me...lots of microcuts in head and face...they felt harsh on the skin.

Tried several, with no pressure, light pressure and regular pressure, using different soaps, etc.   

They only thing that was nice for me, was the ease of cleaning, specially when head-shaving...soap/hair residue was non existent in the razor's head after a light shake or running it 1 sec under the faucet.

13 115
 08-24-2016, 05:17 PM
  • Entasis
  • Atop the Razor's Edge
  • Southern California
User Info
zeppelinkarte graciously introduced the Bic Metal to me and I find it an excellent travel razor. In fact, it is now my chosen travel razor.

11 562
 10-06-2016, 03:02 PM
User Info
Traveling this week. Even though I brought my Wilkinson DE, I went with the Bic Metal.

Wow. BBS shave. It's a really great single blade disposable. I'm surprised it's not mentioned more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16 283
 10-06-2016, 03:24 PM
  • eengler
  • Administrator
  • South Dakota, USA
User Info
Wish they were more plentiful. Used to pick em up at the local drug store.

53 3,559