12-04-2015, 08:59 AM
User Info
Love this board...much better than the other biggie I won't name.

That site did, however, have a very valuable feature called "view first unread". This was a way for a user to go back to a thread and basically pick up reading from where they left off, not having to go through pages and pages to pick up the newest postings.

If this is a feature here, please let me know what I am doing wrong. If not, please consider it...

Thanks for the site!!

John

20 367
 12-04-2015, 10:02 AM
  • leefish
  • Pisciform Cavalry
  • The Netherlands
User Info
Hi John.

If the biggie you mean is blue and white with a black and white animal as its logo, then that board uses VBulletin 4. VBulletin 4 is a paid software and is only available now if a forum owner buys VBulletin 5 which is a turkey Biggrin

You can access the last unread post in any forum or from latest post by clicking on the white arrow in a red circle. It isnt visible in thread view though.

[Image: Sz682PW.jpg]

0 822
 12-04-2015, 12:27 PM
  • Johnny
  • MODERATOR EMERITUS
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
Lee, thanks for this info.  I wondered what the arrows were for.

178 23,806
 12-04-2015, 01:35 PM
User Info
(12-04-2015, 10:02 AM)leefish Wrote: Hi John.

If the biggie you mean is blue and white with a black and white animal as its logo, then that board uses VBulletin 4. VBulletin 4 is a paid software and is only available now if a forum owner buys VBulletin 5 which is a turkey Biggrin

You can access the last unread post in any forum or from latest post by clicking on the white arrow in a red circle. It isnt visible in thread view though.

[Image: Sz682PW.jpg]

Thanks for the lesson...much appreciated. and ...yes...you're dead on about the animal...

20 367