12-04-2015, 03:42 PM
User Info
Hey everyone. So I've had this TOBS Jermyn street aftershave for a while now. A few months ago I scored the cologne on a B/S/T somewhere. For the life of me, I can not differentiate between the two. They both list the sam ingredients on the back label. Both have incredible strength power, so I'm not sure if it's the amount of fragrance oils one has over the other. The aftershave is slightly yellower then the cologne, but that could be a batch variation. Does anyone know what the difference between the two are?

[Image: Rh2ngRD.jpg]

28 349
 12-05-2015, 06:30 PM
User Info
I don't.  But I was reading somewhere that TOBS is changing some of its lines to eliminate differentiation between colognes and aftershaves; calling them "splashes" or something.  I forgot which of the lines were to change.  I know that Sandalwood was not one of them (a favorite of mine so I tend to remember that one).

I think Phil at Bullgoose may know.  Almost seems like I saw a comment of his one the subject.

Edit:  Found it!  Check here:  http://shavenook.com/showthread.php?tid=35014

3 543
 12-05-2015, 06:37 PM
  • evnpar
  • Emeritus
  • Portland, Oregon
User Info
A cologne just has a little more potent and longer-lasting scent than an aftershave, and they are often interchangeable. Therefore, the ingredients should be the same. I sometimes pass on the aftershave and purchase the cologne, then use it as a longer-lasting aftershave.

38 5,107
 12-06-2015, 11:07 PM
User Info
Thanks fellas. Jermyn Street aftershave has always been super long lasting. So having the two is a bit redundant in my opinion.

28 349
 12-07-2015, 03:51 AM
User Info
Jermyn St is the my first TOBS that I have tried. 
I enjoy the scent so it is good to hear this info. 
Are these two sold for the same price?

I would not be surprised if the one marked colonge was a bit more expensive.

3 108
 12-07-2015, 04:44 AM
User Info
I had both, but sold the AS as it was redundant. Love the cologne and find myself using a cheaper AS since it doesn't last long anyway.

4 89