12-05-2015, 05:18 AM
User Info
Can anyone explain it to me? I know the new bond film boosted its popularity s bit on ebay. But i cant se. Any love for it.

Both of mine suck in shaving. Settings below 3 really cant shave etg or atg at all. But 4 snd up is murder on the facE.

Ironically on my arm 3+ is super smooth when expetimenting the angle.

0 157
 12-05-2015, 05:46 AM
User Info
Well, I can't diagnose what's going on, but I can tell you that the bulk of my learning to shave came from a Slim. I think it's a good razor and despite my preference for SE razors I have no ill will toward the Slim. If I had to use one today I'd happily set it to 9 and not look back. I keep 2 in my mothballed collection just in case they're needed some day.

I would have difficulty with the shave from one set to 3 or lower, but only because I'm accustomed to a more aggressive razor than what that would give.

I wonder if something is wrong with yours? Maybe something out of kilter?

I see from the relatively low post count that you might also be new to blade shaving. I don't ask this to belittle, but do you have enough experience to use it above setting 3? If you come to blades from cartridges you might still be using far too much pressure. Blade shaving is almost 100% technique and that can't be purchased for instant gratification but learned.

32 6,445
 12-05-2015, 12:32 PM
User Info
Beem de shaving most of this year. Not a newbie to pressure. Started eith a weishi snf a travel tech
 I know those are rated as the most mildest of razors in the badger rayings lisy of razor aggressiveness. Been getting realky good shaves with an old type and a new improved i got last month.
I just shaved my cheeckd bone dry eith thr old type a few minutes ago. slight redness and slight itchy feel. either of my slims on 3 would have left me looking horribly sunvurnrd with visibly peeled off skin lije a bad sunburn.

And the slims do that to me no matter what soap or cream ir preshave routine i would do.

I kniw i have slight psoriasis on mustache abd arounx the chin.

0 157
 12-05-2015, 12:34 PM
User Info
And post countdoesnt imply newness to an activity. Merely newness to the sight

0 157
 12-05-2015, 02:10 PM
User Info
I like the Slim more for its style and cool factor than for its shaving prowess. It's really a well made and impressively designed piece of equipment and for me that makes it worth the price of admission. I use mine on 7-9 and manage to get a nice shave. Other razors offer better shaves, but few are as interesting and fun to play with as the Slim. It's far from the best razor around, but at about $20 it's a must for every den.

0 613
 12-05-2015, 02:22 PM
User Info
The only benefit i see in the slim is the material Used to build it.

The super adjustable is so much nicer but can have material issues

0 157
 12-05-2015, 03:13 PM
  • Devilanche
  • Singapore (CONUS post address)
User Info
I started shaving around your time and I do use slim/Fatboy/black beauty.

At 4 I can shave pretty well with it. I do wonder why there's such a big difference for you between setting 3 and 4 while it happens to both of your Slim. Does other DE give you the same result?

10 369
 12-05-2015, 04:16 PM
User Info
I think its the angle of the blade. I have a 60s flare I try to use but it rips me raw if I use it more then once a week.

I analyzed the gap and blade angle on the slims versus the Super Adjustable. on 3 the gap is impossible to distinguish. the difference I can see is the angle/curve of the blade inside the doors. from the settings I looked at, the SA seems to keep th blade arched and fully mated with the silo doors.
on the slims after 2 the blade doesn't make full cotact with the doors.

0 157
 12-05-2015, 04:30 PM
User Info
Well, it must be the razor then. Good luck.

32 6,445
 12-05-2015, 05:08 PM
User Info
I had hoped the razors would be good but they just aren't for me. two slims and a flare. Ive just had a bad day today. My full size tech in original store box turned out to be a zamak head, and I spent a lot of time trying to avoid another zamak head. SO im ot to  happy

0 157