Poll: What do you prefer in a lavender soap/cream?
I prefer floral lavenders, like CF or AoS.
I prefer more herbal/earthy lavenders, like Mike's or MdC. I prefer the simplicity of lavender by itself. I prefer a bit of complexity from a blend of lavender and another scent. I like everything.
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
 12-05-2015, 02:11 PM
User Info
Out of curiosity, what does everyone prefer in a lavender-scented shaving soap or cream? Are you a fan of floral lavender, or do you prefer a more earthy fragrance? Do you like it pure, or with a touch of something else, like cedar, musk, vetiver, vanilla, citrus, peppermint, or rosemary, for added complexity?

Personally, I find products like Castle Forbes and Art of Shaving to be a little too feminine for my liking, so I have gravitated toward earthier/more herbal scents, like Martin de Candre and Mike's Hungarian Lavender. I've also found that blending lavender with another fragrance can give it a really nice, manly appeal. Vulfix's cream, for example, has a fair bit of musk, or something of that sort, that gives it a lot of depth.

3 196
 12-05-2015, 02:58 PM
User Info
Big fan of the MDC traditional. I'll have to check out Mike's Hungarian Lavender.

2 328
 12-05-2015, 03:21 PM
User Info
I like everything lavender pretty much.

Own all these lavenders creams/soaps, and probably more........

I love MDC Orignal and Barrister & Mann Black Label Lavender.

I love LPL Original and LPL Vetiver & Lavender

I love Castle Forbes Lavender, Truefitt & Hill Lavender and AOS Lavender

I love Meißner Tremonia Lavender De Luxe and Tabula Rasa Dark Lavender

Czech & Speak Oxford & Cambridge is also a masterfully crafted and scented soap....

24 5,962
 12-05-2015, 03:34 PM
User Info
I am currently enjoying Mike's Hungarian Lavender, C&S Oxford & Cambridge and MW Jeff's Lavender. All three are unique unto themselves.

39 3,918
 12-05-2015, 03:36 PM
User Info
(12-05-2015, 03:34 PM)primotenore Wrote: I am currently enjoying Mike's Hungarian Lavender, C&S Oxford & Cambridge and MW Jeff's Lavender. All three are unique unto themselves.

Forgot that, my arguably best performing lavender scented soap  Facepalm

24 5,962
 12-05-2015, 03:38 PM
  • Nero
  • Ban Groupthink from Earth
  • le montagne
User Info
I like ones that are "takes" on lavender, but don't care for ones with a plain ol' pure lavender EO scent (alone).
Coate's cream, for instance, I like. Dark, sensual, intriguing.
Whereas I find T&H Ultimate Comfort cream and AoS Lavender cream boring. Straight lavender EO scents.

59 2,802
 12-05-2015, 04:50 PM
User Info
(12-05-2015, 03:38 PM)Nero Wrote: I like ones that are "takes" on lavender, but don't care for ones with a plain ol' pure lavender EO scent (alone).
Coate's cream, for instance, I like. Dark, sensual, intriguing.
Whereas I find T&H Ultimate Comfort cream and AoS Lavender cream boring. Straight lavender EO scents.

I like boring lavender sometimes, but sometimes I find them boring to, then I use MDC Original and LPL Original and C&S O&C

24 5,962
 12-05-2015, 07:09 PM
  • evnpar
  • Emeritus
  • Portland, Oregon
User Info
(12-05-2015, 03:34 PM)primotenore Wrote: I am currently enjoying Mike's Hungarian Lavender, C&S Oxford & Cambridge and MW Jeff's Lavender. All three are unique unto themselves.

I love these three, and would add Tabula Rasa Dark Lavender and CRSW Savon No. 1.

38 5,104
 12-05-2015, 07:19 PM
User Info
I tried for a long time to enjoy lavender but I have found the only lavender I enjoy is Czech & Speake Oxford & Cambridge. It is really wonderful.

74 2,271
 12-07-2015, 08:58 AM
User Info
I've enjoyed a wide range of lavender, from Speick's harsher spike lavender, though to the soft tones of RazoRock's King Louis Lavender. Mixtures containing lavender work quite well. It seems like lavender can get along with almost anything, in the right proportions.

10 1,858
 12-07-2015, 09:26 AM
  • njpaddy
  • Central New Jersey
User Info
Love a Lavender scent, especially in winter, but it tends to irritate me if used too frequently. I got rid of all mine except my Harris soap. I have to say that Mikes Hungarian Lavender probably had the best scent of the soaps/creams I've tried. I'm still not sure why I kept the Harris over Mikes, put it was probably the mahogany bowl. South of France makes a nice lavender bath soap that I use occasionally.

1 217