12-05-2015, 02:51 PM
  • Mel S Meles
  • On the edge, ouch
  • 44.4899° south of the North Pole
User Info

SOLD, please archive

I am selling these as a pair (I know, I know ...).  Price for both is $50 plus USPS Priority flat rate shipping ($5.95), CONUS only.

[Image: awWPESr.jpg]

I purchased the Standard Razors razor in April 2014 directly from Standard Razors for about double the price attributable to the razor that is included in this listing.  It was the first DE razor I ever used; in fact, it was the first DE razor I ever had held in my hand, and I was 71 when I purchased it.  There is a tiny ding on the butt end of the handle, which I never had noticed until I took these photographs; I am fairly sure it was there when I received the razor from Standard Razors, because I cannot recall ever dropping this razor:    

[Image: NeJclbI.jpg]
[Image: EKgV1AU.jpg]

The Standard Razors razor is a very “efficient” razor and can give a close shave with a minimal number of passes.  While I never found it “aggressive,” it does deserve respect, as it can bite the inattentive.  

The Black Label Beaudelaire shaving soap is a discontinued product, and I am not aware of a retailer which still has any in stock.  Its list price when released was in the $30 range, but I think the street price was more commonly in the $20 range.  The puck here is unused:  

[Image: PgXxOSc.jpg]
That appears to be a specular highlight reflected from the rim of the soap tin that you see on the safety bar on the left side of the razor.

Barrister & Mann's description is what impelled me to purchase the Black Label Beaudelaire in the first place:  

Quote:An elegant, refined, dark fougere done in a classic style. Notes of oakrnoss, lavender, coumarin, ylang
ylang, and sandalwood are underlaid by our recreation of legendary perfume base Mousse de Saxe, a dark,
leathery accord from the Golden Age of fragrance.  If Oscar Wilde were alive today, he would be shaving
with Beaudelaire.

Our Black Label Tallow shaving soaps have been specially formulated to lather well in hard water and
deliver a slick, rich, protective lather. Shea butter, lanolin, and glycerin help protect the skin from drying
out post-shave.  Each jar is filled with 5.5 ounces of lathery goodness to provide day after day of clean,
smooth, buttery shaves.

Ingredients:  Potassium Stearate, Sodium Stearate, Potassium Tallowate, Sodium Tallowate,
Aqua, Glycerin, Fragrance, Potassium Ricinoleate, Sodium Ricinoleate, Coconut Milk, Potassium
Kokum Butterate, Sodium Kokum Butterate, Butyrospemtum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Potassium Cocoate,
Sodium Cocoate, Lanolin, Sodium Citrate, Tocopherol Acetate

The day that I received delivery of the tin, I opened it, and immediately knew that the scent was too strong for my taste.  The scent matches the description that Barrister & Mann applied to it in every respect, and it is very pleasant scent; however, the scent is quite intense, more intense than I like my shaving soap’s scent to be.  

I will fully sanitize the razor before shipping it.

0 1,054