12-07-2015, 09:29 PM
User Info
I can easily go one day without shaving and not look terrible. But I usually shave every day anyway just because I enjoy the whole process and ritual. If I wanted to have that stubble look, I would have to go for at least three days without shaving, and then it would look a little patchy. Any other sparser beards out there that shave every day?

0 88
 12-07-2015, 10:17 PM
User Info
Not I. Too much Portuguese blood in me; dark, very coarse beard, but not the beautifully full, lumberjack-type of beard. Biggrin

82 21,056
 12-08-2015, 12:55 AM
User Info
You just described my whiskers (...have a hard time calling it a beard). Funny...I can't remember how frequently I shaved prior to picking up my DE. Shaving was never a priority with me. Now that I've learned how to shave PROPERLY, I abhor the feel of stubble on my face.

ANY stubble.

(Feels like sandpaper, fer crissakes...!)

"DFS" means NOTHING to me now. It ALL has to go. I wouldn't dream of missing my daily shave.

0 21
 12-08-2015, 08:51 PM
User Info
you have it so easy then, me, I can look like a hobo if I don't shave at least every other day.

0 157
 05-21-2016, 12:54 AM
User Info
Shaving daily can help a lot to grow your beard faster. I like stubble beard and to keep it maintained beard spray is the best option. To can try beard oils and creams as well to groom them and make a stylish stubble beard.

0 2
 05-21-2016, 04:33 AM
User Info
I don't have a heavy beard. 

I would rather wait for 50 hours or so and then shave. 

I would rather have a good quality shave.

1 401
 05-23-2016, 10:51 AM
  • SRNewb
  • No. Va, USA
User Info
My beard used to be light and patchy. In fact, I would not really call it a beard, lol.
As I have gotten older, it has finally (52 yo) filled in, and seems to be heavier and of course the grey is a bit stiffer. But it is still IMO a fairly mild growth. You can see I have not shaved if I skip a day, but it is only mildly apparent.
But I still shave every day, most days. I look better, and feel better. And I take great pleasure in a good shave.

2 1,683
 05-23-2016, 12:08 PM
User Info
(05-21-2016, 12:54 AM)SteveBennett Wrote: Shaving daily can help a lot to grow your beard faster.

So this fallacy still has backers.

Anyway, to stick more closely to the point of the original post, I too have pretty light growth that's a bit patchy.
I skipped yesterday because I shaved early Saturday afternoon. Even around noon on Sunday I was at "socially acceptable" level.

8 899