12-08-2015, 08:43 AM
User Info
Don't know much about brushes. Was at a local antique shop and purchased 2 of the group shown here for $10 & $12 each. Here are pics of the bunch.

[Image: yCMJ98j.jpg][Image: HesDcC4.jpg][Image: xRMuI1q.jpg]

5 270
 12-08-2015, 01:15 PM
  • chamm
  • Expert on nothing
  • Central Ohio
User Info
Wow... What a nice antique shop display! I don't "go antiquing" but looking casually, I hardly ever come across any decent looking shaving equipment. One of the purveyors of an antique store told me that "most antique dealers sell that stuff on eBay, since they can get more for it." Kinda took the fun out of going to antique shops for me.

22 828
 12-10-2015, 08:39 AM
  • blzrfn
  • Butterscotch Bandit
  • Vancouver USA
User Info
Nice pickup.  It looks like you managed to score a Titterton, one of England's less popular brush brands which was established ca. 1812 and taken over by Kent in the 1940s.

144 2,746
 12-12-2015, 10:34 PM
User Info
(12-08-2015, 01:15 PM)chamm Wrote: Wow... What a nice antique shop display! I don't "go antiquing" but looking casually, I hardly ever come across any decent looking shaving equipment. One of the purveyors of an antique store told me that "most antique dealers sell that stuff on eBay, since they can get more for it." Kinda took the fun out of going to antique shops for me.

Whats worse are the antique dealers that think they can get eBay prices in store.

0 94
 12-31-2015, 05:37 AM
User Info
This particular shop is run by a couple of older retired gents. The store has multiple sections with many amateur vendors who buy items from estate sales and resell them here.
Displays are well done and you kind of get the idea that they rather not sell online and would rather engage with the potential seller.
They only accept cash also. Located in an old mill also. 
Great ambiance that ties in well with antiques.

5 270