12-09-2015, 05:32 PM
  • Nero
  • Ban Groupthink from Earth
  • le montagne
User Info
Interested to hear about the different scents and how you like the performance?

59 2,825
 12-09-2015, 05:50 PM
User Info
I only have Espresso and it smells amazing. The performance is excellent for me and it's probably the easiest tallow soap to load that I have ever used. You can't go wrong with Reef Point imo. I recommend going to Reef Point Soaps website and checking out the reviews for various scents, as well as Maggard Razors.

13 947
 12-09-2015, 05:55 PM
User Info
Tried the Bay Rum. Burned my face up pretty good.  Firedevil
I am done with that brand.

39 3,920
 12-09-2015, 06:36 PM
User Info
I have Submariner but have yet to use it. Wonderful scent though.

3 920
 12-09-2015, 11:51 PM
User Info
I have Submariner, Dragon's Blood and Earl Grey & Ginger. They are all great, and strong scents.
And Reef Point Always performs great. Easy to load, easy to lather, good glide and cushion and a great post shave feel.

0 89
 12-10-2015, 01:43 AM
User Info
From my experience, an excellent soap. I have used Admiralty and Dragon's Blood. Both have strong scent strengths and I would recommend them to anyone. If you are thinking of buying one, don't hesitate.

0 122
 12-10-2015, 04:19 AM
User Info
I have Command Presence and Dragon's Blood, plus the aftershaves. Both are excellent performers. The Command Presence is a take on barbershop scent. Dragon's Blood is tougher to describe. The aftershaves are also very good. Highly recommended.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

0 15
 12-10-2015, 07:59 AM
  • Coyote
  • Hondo, TX USA
User Info
Great soap. I am about 1/3 of the way through some Peerless. Just pick a scent profile that interests you and go for it............

4 2,766
 12-10-2015, 09:15 AM
User Info
I've tried the Earl Grey and Ginger, and the Test Depth.  The former was a great scent.  Both soaps lather wonderfully.

2 1,461
 12-10-2015, 10:02 AM
User Info
I have sublime and love it. Hopefully it's a seasonal soap and will be back. The citrus scent is nice, not overpowering. Don't be afraid of the menthol. It's very light. Probably my favorite scent that I have.

0 15
 12-10-2015, 11:10 AM
User Info
Oh, InNae's post reminded me that I also tried the Sublime.  I'm pretty sure he stopped making it.  The menthol was very, very light, which I greatly enjoyed.  Just feel it when you rinse, and it was very refreshing.  

The scent, although labelled as citrus, had some other note to it that I wasn't sure I liked.  I think the citrus scent of Larry's at CRSW is much, much better.  

But Sublime lathered well and felt great.  I wish more soapers would do just a touch of menthol like Sublime.  Perfect for me.

2 1,461
 12-10-2015, 11:41 AM
  • Nero
  • Ban Groupthink from Earth
  • le montagne
User Info
(12-10-2015, 07:59 AM)Coyote Wrote: Great soap. I am about 1/3 of the way through some Peerless. Just pick a scent profile that interests you and go for it............
I get hesitant without samples.
I don't want to make the same mistake of, say, thinking I'm getting "sandalwood" like when I order, say, TOBS sandalwood. There is nothing sandalwood about that scent. The TOBS is a musky floral perfume (and I hate it)...and has nothing to do with actual sandalwood.
I also get nervous anytime I see the word amber or vetiver. Amber tends to dominate anything it's put in, and makes it too sweet (and usually in a feminine kind of way) almost every time.
On the other hand, Peerless does sound like an excellent scent!!!

59 2,825
 12-10-2015, 07:49 PM
User Info
(12-10-2015, 11:10 AM)kingfisher Wrote:  
The scent, although labelled as citrus, had some other note to it that I wasn't sure I liked.  I think the citrus scent of Larry's at CRSW is much, much better.  

Just tonight noticed that Citrus no longer appears on the CRSW site.

3 543
 12-11-2015, 08:07 AM
User Info
I just got a tub of the unscented yesterday, so I can't comment on scents other than the sample of intrepid Eric included with my order.  I used the unscented this morning and was pleasantly surprised with performance, it's definitely up there with some of the others I consider to be top tier (Mystic Water, Mike's, Stirling, Soap  Commander, Shannon's).  It is very slick and also very protective, I need some more time with it to make more long term judgments, but didn't have any issues or complaints whatsoever after this morning.

Nobody else commented on Intrepid so I'll give it a shot just based off the scent from the sample.  It is definitely a powdery scent, described as "Brut" by Reef Point.  I don't have extensive experience with Brut but to my nose it is a pleasant scent, a little lighter than say vintage Old Spice.  I probably won't be attempting to shave with it only because my skin is sensitive to fragrance oils.

10 407
 12-11-2015, 08:26 AM
  • racebmx
  • Sapone Di Paolo
  • Charleston, South Carolina
User Info
I have Test Depth.  To my nose, it's quite similar to CRSW's Spring/Prato Verde scent.  Top marks for performance as well.

11 684
 12-11-2015, 08:38 AM
User Info
I have both Aviator and Earl Grey and Ginger. Although the soap works well, the Aviator "leather flight jacket" scent wasn't there for me. I have my own USAF leather flight jacket and it smells like leather; Aviator was too clean (not faux leather, but close). The EGG is nice, very much a spring/summer scent.

19 101
 12-11-2015, 04:28 PM
  • tdmsu
  • Banned
  • Metro Detroit
User Info
I've used Test Depth and Tranquillity, as well as a sample of Sublime. They all lather great and perform among the best. The scents are strong and all very good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 447
 12-13-2015, 06:43 AM
User Info
Great soaps, I wrote a review on here a few months back, follow the link 

http://shavenook.com/showthread.php?tid=31582

4 642
 12-13-2015, 07:29 AM
User Info
I own Dragons Blood and Fougere Santal. The latter being in my top 10 soaps on scent and performance.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

0 847
 12-15-2015, 10:46 AM
User Info
I've tried Three Reef Point soaps.  For them all, excellent protection, cushion and slickness, in fact maybe my favorite artisan as far as performance.

For the scents:
Peerless: Dead ringer for CRSW Bergamot and Bay, in fact i pair the Bergamot and Bay balm with it.  It is woody, manly, musky, and solid with some tobacco and cedar mixed in, I just wish the scent strength was as good as CRSW.  It might be a 3 out of 10 scent strength.

Submariner: Might be one of my favorite fall/winter scents period.  Warm, spicy bourbon type sweet scent, with almost vanilla type notes?  Its fantastic and scent strength is really good, like a 5.5 or 6 out of 10. 

Earl Grey and Ginger: Wow, one of my favorite smells in all of wet shaving.   It is exactly what it says it is, I love it in the spring/summer.

By the way I have the Submariner and Earl Grey balms and they have excellent face feel and they intensify the scents and are stout with nice staying power.

1 468