12-14-2015, 02:14 PM
User Info
I have been using my ER 1914 razor for a couple of months now and it has become my go-to razor. I just love the way it shaves. It is a bit aggressive but very smooth as well. I have seen other guys describe it as “nothing finer” or “cream of the crop”.
So this thread is about love for the ER 1914. If you really enjoy yours, even if it’s not your favorite, let’s hear from you. If you can, post a picture of it also.
I own 2 of these babies. The first picture is with the original handle and then one that I put a new handle on. 

[Image: BhNgp3V.jpg][Image: BZQvHnr.jpg]

5 1,517
 12-25-2015, 04:13 AM
User Info
I borrowed the handle from a Kampfe razor that sees no use (no blade stops) and it makes this already excellent razor even better. 
I have a few of this model and one I will convert to take standard 10-32 screws so I could match it to a nice handle. 

[Image: TM5fMgn.jpg]

6 808
 12-25-2015, 08:06 AM
User Info
The Merkur 1904 handle I put on mine I find to be a bit heavy for the head. It feels off balanced. I may try a different handle, something not so heavy.

5 1,517
 12-25-2015, 08:07 PM
User Info
I see your point. The Kampfe handle is very light and it feels well balanced. There is a lot of blade exposure with this razor, so the extra handle weight is not necessarily a good thing. 

The Lord L6 razor, has a light long handle which is not too bad. While the finish on the head is comensurable with the price (though blade alignment is spot on), the handle finish is fine.

6 808