12-15-2015, 08:25 AM
  • urrlord
  • central georgia usa
User Info
I picked up a 5 pack of the store brand blades at this chain a while back for a buck.I was browsing and out of idle curiosity i flipped over the pack and expected to see made in Korea instead there was- made in israel.Are these rebranded Personnas?I've never used the Israeli Personnas but I will say I just used a 4 use Fred's blade this a.m. on 2 days worth of stubble and there was no tugging or discomfort,at this rate I may be able to get a months shaves out of the 5 pack.I feel these are very good blades .If you run out of your usual blade and need to grab something to tide you over.They are much better than the korean blades at other FamilyDollarGeneral store type house brands.

0 275
 12-15-2015, 11:44 AM
User Info
I just saw Israeli made blades at Rite Aid pharmacy, and have enjoyed Kroger labeled Israeli blades. Might be one manufacturer supplying generic store branded blades to many vendors.

0 71
 12-15-2015, 12:15 PM
User Info
(12-15-2015, 11:44 AM)Marcus Aurelius Wrote: I just saw Israeli made blades at Rite Aid pharmacy, and have enjoyed Kroger labeled Israeli blades. Might be one manufacturer supplying generic store branded blades to many vendors.

I'd bet money it is. The question is what blade it is they're providing. I guess they could be providing several different formulations but my guess is everyone is getting the same thing. I've read that it's the Reds, but I kinda doubt they're going with generics of their flagship formula.

1 50
 12-15-2015, 05:50 PM
User Info
No brand mark on the plastic and tin dispenser. The blades have a simple set of arrows. I have a very limited selection of de blades to compare. If they were produced as generics it's easy to not mark them.
It's googling time, unless there is a wiki with photos of blades and packaging to compare.

0 71
 12-16-2015, 06:37 AM
  • urrlord
  • central georgia usa
User Info
No markings on the  Fred's pack either.all white plastic with a blade bank on the underside.The blades have a set of arrows printed on them.I'm hoping these are  made in the personna factory and just have a lesser coating or no coating on the blades(I'll have to check the hanging card next time i'm in there for that info).The blades show a fingerprint as soon as they are touched  so they may just have a light oil/preservative on them.At any rate they are better than most of the blades found in discount stores around here.

0 275
 12-23-2015, 09:39 AM
User Info
(12-16-2015, 06:37 AM)urrlord Wrote: No markings on the  Fred's pack either.all white plastic with a blade bank on the underside.The blades have a set of arrows printed on them.I'm hoping these are  made in the personna factory and just have a lesser coating or no coating on the blades(I'll have to check the hanging card next time i'm in there for that info).The blades show a fingerprint as soon as they are touched  so they may just have a light oil/preservative on them.At any rate they are better than most of the blades found in discount stores around here.

I've used them and I like them, I got mine at Walmart. The light oil is a lubricant and it helps them to dispense easier. When I reload my dispensers I use a very light spray of electric shaver lube on the blades before I load them.

Clayton

6 636