12-17-2015, 02:35 PM
User Info
Greetings Gentlemen,
Back in the 1970's I remember reading that a blade edge would stay keen if kept under a pyramid, with edge facing north, when not in use.  
As I have a small stone pyramid, I recently started the experiment of keeping my blade under it between uses.  
I have had 7 shaves so far on just 1 blade, and I normally stop at 5 shaves; yet this blade still feels like it's only on it's 2nd shave.  
I'm liking these results, and would encourage others to try similar experiments.  I'll be back in a week with an update.  Toodles.

Donald 

[Image: JNe3YSY.jpg][Image: py6XqHP.jpg]

11 84
 12-17-2015, 02:56 PM
  • Devilanche
  • Singapore (CONUS post address)
User Info
Interesting stuff in relation to pyramid. Let us know how many more shaves you get out of it.

Generally, some speculate that pyramids are ways to harness energy of the earth.

10 376
 12-17-2015, 04:02 PM
  • kav
  • Banned
  • east of the sun,west of the moon
User Info
And people's money by purveyors of WOOWOO.

2 3,171
 12-17-2015, 04:23 PM
  • kav
  • Banned
User Info
[Image: 1fTPshS.jpg]

The pyramids of Egypt were constructed with copper chisels. One was discovered by remote camera left behind a newly explored construction tunnel. It was deep green in vertigris and very dull even after resting untouched for millennia in the biggest pyramid of all.

2 3,171
 12-17-2015, 07:07 PM
User Info
I think you just got trolled Kav.

18 713
 12-21-2015, 04:11 PM
User Info
This morning was shave number ten and the blade had finally begun to feel dull, so I switched to a new blade and ended the experiment.  
My conclusions:  That keeping the blade under the pyramid, edge facing north, kept the blade from dulling as fast as it normally would.  
10 shaves on 1 blade for me is a record; I rarely even get 5.  Keeping the blade under the pyramid has doubled the number of shaves I got.  
If you want to call that woo woo, then all I can say in response is poo poo.  Toodles.

Donald

11 84
 12-21-2015, 07:01 PM
  • kav
  • Banned
User Info
Was that magnetic north or true north? Did you do a blind test: a third party maintaining one blade under the pyramid and another under sop conditions and loaded in rotation without you knowing which was the pyramid blade? this would eliminate the always present factor in any empirical experiment- the experimentee who brings often subconscious expectations that prejudice true results. You might also consider using a pyramid of mere frame lacking mass. Have you pondered the possibility sheer weight may be influencing
blade alignment vs micro curling and warping under normal use? Perhaps a similar object shaped like a Neolithic stone menhir, phallic object d'art or bust of Brahms would also prove beneficial.
My problem is not your perceived increased blade use. My problem, as both academically trained ( UC Berkeley and University of Chicago- the preeminent American centers in this field) and experienced multi cultural field Archaeologist; is the culture theft. Culture borrowing and religious  evolution are one thing. Plastic 1/64 Winnebago 63/64th Armenian Indians claiming BS secret knowledge to push sweat lodge weekends and dreamcatchers, UFO idiots who demean ancient culture's ability to make   achievements or bastardize their use are not only WOOWOO but THIEVES.
To those hustlers I POOPOO from a significant altitude.

2 3,171
 12-21-2015, 07:27 PM
  • Devilanche
  • Singapore (CONUS post address)
User Info
Might not work for everyone but if you believe it and it works for you why not ?

I have more blades than I will live so unless I'm considering leaving blades as inheritance (they could be worth a lot someday when discontinued), I probably give it a miss.

10 376
 12-21-2015, 08:23 PM
User Info
(12-21-2015, 07:01 PM)kav Wrote: Was that magnetic north or true north? Did you do a blind test: a third party maintaining one blade under the pyramid and another under sop conditions and loaded in rotation without you knowing which was the pyramid blade? this would eliminate the always present factor in any empirical experiment- the experimentee who brings often subconscious expectations that prejudice true results. You might also consider using a pyramid of mere frame lacking mass. Have you pondered the possibility sheer weight may be influencing
blade alignment vs micro curling and warping under normal use? Perhaps a similar object shaped like a Neolithic stone menhir, phallic object d'art or bust of Brahms would also prove beneficial.
My problem is not your perceived increased blade use. My problem, as both academically trained ( UC Berkeley and University of Chicago- the preeminent American centers in this field) and experienced multi cultural field Archaeologist; is the culture theft. Culture borrowing and religious  evolution are one thing. Plastic 1/64 Winnebago 63/64th Armenian Indians claiming BS secret knowledge to push sweat lodge weekends and dreamcatchers, UFO idiots who demean ancient culture's ability to make   achievements or bastardize their use are not only WOOWOO but THIEVES.
To those hustlers I POOPOO from a significant altitude.
I did this for my curiosity, not to feed your demons or your ego.  Your attitude is pathologically adversarial.  I don't care about your unverifiable educational claims, your rhetoric, or the yoke of other men's opinions.  You are not only wrong, but your perversely convoluted skepsis is purposively leading others into enturbulated and sclerotic thinking.  Some serious self reflection would be in order, before next you speak.  Meditation before medication, as there are far too many people on psychiatric drugs these days.  Toodles.

11 84
 12-21-2015, 08:43 PM
  • kav
  • Banned
User Info
Your verbal gymnastics do not impress.  True curiosity would demand true investigation and not pseudo science.You are a troll and I've left better in the crapper than you.

2 3,171
 12-21-2015, 08:54 PM
User Info
(12-21-2015, 08:43 PM)kav Wrote: Your verbal gymnastics do not impress.  True curiosity would demand true investigation and not pseudo science.You are a troll and I've left better in the crapper than you.

I am not a troll.  I barely exist on the internet.  I don't care what you think.  If you like yourself, you've got at least one friend.  Be thankful of that.  Toodles.

11 84
 12-22-2015, 02:56 AM
User Info
Donald. If it works for you then by all means have at it brother. As long as you continue to have happy shaves that is all that matters. 

To other members: Let's please respect the beliefs of other members and know that we are not all the same. I hate to see someone attacked or ridiculed over something that others find to be foolish or not in the main stream. For the most part this site has always been gentlemanly and I hope it stays that way. There are many diverse faiths/beliefs amongst our members as how it should be. Let's not single out or ridicule one. 

I have spoken with Donald on a couple of occasions and have done business with him as well. He has always been a gentleman and never shown to be anything other. If the main reason to post is to label or ridicule someone then just don't post at all. Allow someone their thoughts and beliefs, bid them a good day, and just walk away as one can over the Internet.

147 3,539
 12-22-2015, 03:14 AM
User Info
If you feel that keeping the blade under a pyramid works, keep at it;  YMMV is an oft repeated mantra here at the Nook, and it holds true for most things Smile

However, I would want to see a long term scientific double blind test done before I start doing it myself Tongue

3 4,512
 12-22-2015, 03:55 AM
User Info
(12-22-2015, 03:14 AM)WegianWarrior Wrote: If you feel that keeping the blade under a pyramid works, keep at it;  YMMV is an oft repeated mantra here at the Nook, and it holds true for most things Smile

However, I would want to see a long term scientific double blind test done before I start doing it myself Tongue
Why rely on others to make your choices for you?  Do the double blind test yourself, and then you will know.  
Sadly, a lot of people these days believe a lot of things, that they have been told by persons of authority, 
which they have neither thought through nor proved.  It will be their undoing.  Thank you for your thoughts.

Donald

11 84
 12-22-2015, 04:07 AM
User Info
(12-22-2015, 02:56 AM)FreddieP318ti Wrote: Donald. If it works for you then by all means have at it brother. As long as you continue to have happy shaves that is all that matters. 

To other members: Let's please respect the beliefs of other members and know that we are not all the same. I hate to see someone attacked or ridiculed over something that others find to be foolish or not in the main stream. For the most part this site has always been gentlemanly and I hope it stays that way. There are many diverse faiths/beliefs amongst our members as how it should be. Let's not single out or ridicule one. 

I have spoken with Donald on a couple of occasions and have done business with him as well. He has always been a gentleman and never shown to be anything other. If the main reason to post is to label or ridicule someone then just don't post at all. Allow someone their thoughts and beliefs, bid them a good day, and just walk away as one can over the Internet.
Hello Freddie, and thank you for your support.  Please note, I did not attack, but once attacked, I did not relent.  
It seems to me that the type of mindset that attacked me, more importantly than the person possessed by it, 
is a clear and present danger to the continuity of civilized discourse and the very future of Western Civilization.  
This is important.  This is very important.  Thank you.

Donald

11 84
 12-22-2015, 04:20 AM
User Info
Short version? A properly executed double blind experiment is near impossible to set up and run single-handed since it requires both the subject and conductor of the experiment to be unaware of which is the blade under test and which is the control.

Science - it works.

3 4,512
 12-22-2015, 08:22 AM
  • kav
  • Banned
User Info
You were not personally attacked. Your pyramid scheme was critiqued. You made the first personal attack. It's really a shame  some people have opposable thumbs, a thesaurus and utterly no critical thinking skills.

2 3,171
 12-22-2015, 08:49 AM
  • Agravic
  • Super Moderator
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
OK, gentlemen.  This thread is closed now.

102 18,653