12-18-2015, 01:24 PM
User Info
Hey Guys, I have this ring that has been in my family for 80 years or so
It is an Native American hunting a Deer around a Tree Stump.
I think that it is made out of some sorta of silver what do you think? I have never seen another one like it. There are no markings on it at all I'm not sure how old it is any Ideas?[Image: EvVgF7l.jpg][Image: KF4IE3P.jpg][Image: JIozukI.jpg][Image: TXzw9UW.jpg]

0 11
 12-18-2015, 05:42 PM
  • chazt
  • Bayside, NY
User Info
Interesting looking piece of jewelry. I'm guessing it didn't get passed down with any particulars?

7 2,120
 12-18-2015, 06:17 PM
  • kav
  • Banned
  • east of the sun,west of the moon
User Info
It is possibly of first peoples 20th century origin. It is not 'traditional' but very little actually is, being a source of income and not any great cultural meaning. The abalone shell is Californian- that shade of green is native to our shores. The silver is likely of MEXICAN origin. First people silversmiths- and the trade was started and still dominated by the Dine' ( Navajo) people used Mexican silver coins for it's purity and availability VS
the higher exchange rate American silver coins. A qualified silversmith could test it for the telltale Mex alloy. Then again, it could also be Mexican as
their famous Taxco (SP) silver used abalone extensively and created 'indian' themes.

2 3,171
 12-18-2015, 08:36 PM
  • chazt
  • Bayside, NY
User Info
That's an interesting appraisal kav. Is your knowledge the result of vocation or avocation?

7 2,120
 12-19-2015, 05:53 AM
User Info
It's the precious! 

[Image: ZC4VjDZ.jpg]

You knew someone was going to eventually.  Biggrin

147 3,533