07-08-2012, 06:59 PM
User Info
My son who isn't quite 3 years old has already taken a liking to my shaving brushes and soaps. He has to smell at least one soap every time he's in my bathroom. Now he's started wanting me to use a brush on him. Now, I definitely don't want to hand over any of my boar brushes to him as their bristles can be brittle if not soaked enough. My synthetics are a good choice. Most of my badgers are a bit too pricey for me to let him play with. Then I remembered about one brush that I have in a box not getting any love that would work perfect.

Enter the Shea Moisture Ultimate Shave Brush that I found at a local Target for $9. I've used this brush probably <6 times in my year of traditional shaving. 1 pump of the California Baby Sensitive hair and body wash was all I needed to make enough lather to cover his entire little body. He loved every minute of it. I then had no problem letting him "rinse" the brush out by dunking it in the tub. I even squirted a bit more soap in the brush and he proceeded to try palm lathering. He didn't quite get it, but before he's 4 I might be able to have him teach some of my adult friends how to make a lather.

31 7,914
 07-08-2012, 07:05 PM
User Info
(07-08-2012, 06:59 PM)SharpSpine Wrote: My son who isn't quite 3 years old has already taken a liking to my shaving brushes and soaps. He has to smell at least one soap every time he's in my bathroom. Now he's started wanting me to use a brush on him. Now, I definitely don't want to hand over any of my boar brushes to him as their bristles can be brittle if not soaked enough. My synthetics are a good choice. Most of my badgers are a bit too pricey for me to let him play with. Then I remembered about one brush that I have in a box not getting any love that would work perfect.

Enter the Shea Moisture Ultimate Shave Brush that I found at a local Target for $9. I've used this brush probably <6 times in my year of traditional shaving. 1 pump of the California Baby Sensitive hair and body wash was all I needed to make enough lather to cover his entire little body. He loved every minute of it. I then had no problem letting him "rinse" the brush out by dunking it in the tub. I even squirted a bit more soap in the brush and he proceeded to try palm lathering. He didn't quite get it, but before he's 4 I might be able to have him teach some of my adult friends how to make a lather.

Excellent work. He will begin to learn by watching and doing.

Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it. Proverb of Solomon

1 2,827
 07-09-2012, 06:52 PM
User Info
Thumbup

I can't think of a better use for that brush!

32 6,311
 07-11-2012, 02:48 PM
User Info
That's awesome! My son (6) has to smell all my soaps. He'll sit on the toilet seat while I'm shaving, counts my passes to three, and starts rinsing out my brush whether I'm done or not. I slapped some Proraso on him one morning, and I think the menthol surprised him a little. I plan on keeping some things put up to hand down to him.

2 362