12-19-2015, 11:12 AM
  • Slim
  • Tennessee
User Info
Hello,

I need opinions on the two preshave soaps listed in my topic. Is the Musgo real lime the same as Mr. glow? OR have the ingredients changed? Are they the same manufacturer as before? Out of the two synergy or Musgo which is more superior? how do I use either of these products?

0 80
 12-25-2015, 10:35 PM
User Info
(12-19-2015, 11:12 AM)Slim Wrote: Hello,

I need opinions on the two preshave soaps listed in my topic. Is the Musgo real lime the same as Mr. glow? OR have the ingredients changed? Are they the same manufacturer as before? Out of the two synergy or Musgo which is more superior? how do I use either of these products?

Musgo Real Glyce(rin) Lime Oil soap is referred to as Mr Glo.  I can only answer part of your question, because as a soapmaker I'm curious about and research traditional products.  An ingredient list taken from Amazon says that the soap is made from Sodium Cocoate (Coconut Oil), Sodium Tallowate, Sucrose, Water, Alcohol, Castor Oil, Calcium Carbonate, Lime Oil, Lime Fragrance.  So it is a translucent soap but not a "melt & pour" soap - it's basically a simple soap of coconut, tallow (some ingredient lists I've seen list lard instead of tallow) and castor oil that has been clarified using sugar syrup and alcohol as solvents.  In order to be translucent, soap has to have a very minimal superfat; in addition there's the citrus oil and traces of alcohol so it should be very effective in removing facial oils and dirt before you shave.  It's imported form Portugal so presumably it's still made by Claus Porto.  I'm unfamiliar with the Synergy soap.

0 280