12-21-2015, 07:16 AM
  • UnCL3
  • Dallas, TexUS
User Info
Just thought I'd share...
[Image: c0OlAJ.jpg]
Got this on ebay a few weeks ago, new from a German seller for about $50 shipped. It appears to be a Fatip razor manufactured for Boker. Handle looks like a Grande, but the head has more substantial teeth than the OC Fatip heads (as far as I can tell from pictures).

This is an EXCELLENT razor. In fact, it's my new favorite. Others I own are Gillette The New, New and Improved, Old Type (all re-plated in nickel ), and a Merkur OC Travel 4pc.

Performance wise, this razor and the Gillette New are the only ones I can do 3 passes (WTG, XTG, and ATG) with some blade buffing and achieve a true BBS shave with no irritation.
Blade buffing with my old favorite New and Improved or the Old Type are out of the question for me. I skip pass #3 with those 2.

I have a Fatip Piccolo on the way, and I'm anxious to compare the shaves with this Boker.

Cheers!

3 61
 12-21-2015, 08:54 AM
  • Gabe
  • Arizona
User Info
Interesting. I like Boker knives but have never heard of a Boker DE.

Edit: I just checked them out. It looks like they have an EJ clone, a Merkur clone, a Butterfly razor, and a Tech clone as well.

75 1,311
 12-21-2015, 11:50 AM
  • UnCL3
  • Dallas, TexUS
User Info
(12-21-2015, 08:54 AM)Gabe Wrote: Interesting. I like Boker knives but have never heard of a Boker DE.

Edit: I just checked them out. It looks like they have an EJ clone, a Merkur clone, a Butterfly razor, and a Tech clone as well.

Yes. Here's the storefront where I got it.
http://stores.ebay.com/danatrading/Rasur...6952872014

Here's a Fatip Grande for comparison...look at the teeth on both.
[Image: RUVDXU.jpg]

3 61