12-26-2015, 05:35 PM
User Info
I'm posting this here, and also submitting it to the Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements web site.  I suspect they screen any reviews that aren't overly positive so we'll see if it shows up there.  EDIT: They posted the review, so maybe my suspicion was unwarranted.  Anyway, here we go.

Douglas Fir scent is supposed to be, "A deep, rich woodsy awesomeness, like an early morning, nature trail for your nose to hike down or a slide down a chimney of Christmas past."  You can check out ingredients and such on their site if you like.

I've tried about 12 of PAA's aftershaves and, based on feel, they are all good to great (Al Fin is outstanding! - but that's another review).  I give this one 3 out of 5 stars because of the scent.  

Douglas has a knack for producing intriguing and enjoyable scents.  Normally with PAA, even the scents I wouldn't choose to wear are quite pleasant to sniff (and I'd probably wear any of them if someone bought me a bottle).   This one is the lone exception.  To me, it smells like lemony furniture polish.  I'd give the scent 1 or 2 stars, but I know that's a personal thing.

4 64