12-27-2015, 05:54 PM
  • Scoti
  • Ontario, Canada
User Info
I got some proraso white pre shave cream for Christmas.  This is my first pre shave cream. I am taking a bit and rubbing it into my beard before shaving but I am not noticing a great deal of difference. Do you guys notice a difference in the shave quality or is it a mental one?

3 227
 12-27-2015, 06:35 PM
  • WriteNoob
  • Eau Claire, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
I like to put it on after I wash my face, while showering, then shave immediately after I step out. Don't know about shave improvement, but it makes a noticeable difference in comfort, for me. I use the green, start to finish. I have skin that will razor burn with a harsh look, under the chin, and there's a marked difference between using it, and not. Perhaps it's the menthol. YMMV, of course.

0 58
 12-27-2015, 08:21 PM
User Info
I always use it when I need a quick shave or a second shave in the evening if I am going out. I find it helps sooth my skin and reduces skin irritation, when I am rushing or shaving twice in one day. There is always a bottle in my shave bin.

0 39
 01-02-2016, 05:41 PM
User Info
I am a big fan of the white and red Proraso preshave creams.  Wonderful product...and while it may be just my imagination, I do feel I get a closer shave with less irritation.  I have also been using Noxema Classic as a preshave cream and it is really nice as well...but I prefer the scent of the Proraso.

0 43