12-30-2015, 06:25 AM
User Info
Admittedly I'm not quite in the loop when it comes to CRSW but I was lurking on their website and noticed the new formula. Have not heard a thing about this. What am I missing here?

0 92
 12-30-2015, 06:43 AM
User Info
Looking at the ingredients, V2 does not have Sweet Almond oil.

11 435
 12-30-2015, 07:11 AM
User Info
(12-30-2015, 06:43 AM)mainaman Wrote: Looking at the ingredients, V2 does not have Sweet Almond oil.

V2 also doesn't have Coconut Oil.

21 368
 12-30-2015, 07:46 AM
User Info
I am glad someone brought this up as I would have never realized it. I may have luck with the newer formula then. Thanks for starting the thread.

82 1,375
 12-30-2015, 08:34 AM
User Info
For Sensitive skin?

Also, if this was taken to the next level, I am assuming there is a little more percentage of each great ingredient to make it slicker or more protective?

46 1,102
 12-30-2015, 01:37 PM
User Info
I checked the website and there is absolutely no description regarding what makes this version different. Disappointing :/.

3 1,484
 12-30-2015, 01:41 PM
User Info
For a minute I thought this may be the "Olivia" version Larry said was coming out.  But Olivia is to be olive oil based, and v.2 is not that from the description.  Don't know what to think; kind of liked almond oil (I think).

3 543
 12-30-2015, 02:44 PM
User Info
(12-30-2015, 01:37 PM)NeoXerxes Wrote: I checked the website and there is absolutely no description regarding what makes this version different. Disappointing :/.

Straight from Larry (who responded to me very quickly!) 

The difference in SELECT v.2 is a noticeable increase in slickness and an even better post shave face feel. The new base contains no sweet almond oil (for those with nut allergies) and also the coconut oil has been eliminated, increasing the hydrating qualities.

Hope this helps NEO

46 1,102
 12-30-2015, 02:47 PM
User Info
(12-30-2015, 02:44 PM)Ellas318 Wrote:
(12-30-2015, 01:37 PM)NeoXerxes Wrote: I checked the website and there is absolutely no description regarding what makes this version different. Disappointing :/.

The difference in SELECT v.2 is a noticeable increase in slickness and an even better post shave face feel. The new base contains no sweet almond oil (for those with nut allergies) and also the coconut oil has been eliminated, increasing the hydrating qualities.

Hope this helps NEO

I am a fan of sweet almond oil as mentioned by someone else but I am fine without the coconut oil. I never did find CRSW to be as slick as I wanted it to be but I will be getting some of the new olive oil soap.

82 1,375
 12-30-2015, 02:57 PM
User Info

Rolleyes 

Quoted from the CRSW Select V2 page;

"We have taken the excellent performance of our SELECT shave soap to the next level! 

All the goodness you have come to expect, know and love from the SELECT is still present but the v.2 brings additional slickness and a more pronounced post shave conditioning level. The new formulation contains no sweet almond oil or coconut oil."

I'm not sure what more you would like them to say?

Anyhow, I was one of the testers for the formula (along with the Oliva). I'm very familiar with with CRSW Select and I can say the V2 is definitely slicker and the post shave left my face feeling more hydrated and soft. Not that the Select was lacking in either but the difference is noticeable. I thought the soap was a little softer and this was confirmed to me by Larry. This made loading the brush quicker as it picked up the soap easier. The usual great performance of the Select is there as the V2 explodes in the same creamy, rich lather. I'm very impressed with this new soap! My sample was the Puro Fresco and I see now the V2 has two new scents, a Vetiver and Barbier Sapone that are not available in the Select. Of course I have just ordered both!   Biggrin

0 165
 12-30-2015, 03:14 PM
User Info
(12-30-2015, 02:57 PM)bennett Wrote:

Rolleyes 

"We have taken the excellent performance of our SELECT shave soap to the next level! 

All the goodness you have come to expect, know and love from the SELECT is still present but the v.2 brings additional slickness and a more pronounced post shave conditioning level. The new formulation contains no sweet almond oil or coconut oil."

Anyhow, I was one of the testers for the formula (along with the Oliva). I'm very familiar with with CRSW Select and I can say the V2 is definitely slicker and the post shave left my face feeling more hydrated and soft. Not that the Select was lacking in either but the difference is noticeable. I thought the soap was a little softer and this was confirmed to me by Larry. This made loading the brush quicker as it picked up the soap easier. The usual great performance of the Select is there as the V2 explodes in the same creamy, rich lather. I'm very impressed with this new soap! My sample was the Puro Fresco and I see now the V2 has two new scents, a Vetiver and Barbier Sapone that are not available in the Select. Of course I have just ordered both!   Biggrin

Thanks for your post. I love my original "vetiver", the scent's sweet aspect is very nice. I may knab a tin of the new vetiver and the other new scent.

Any other comments on the OLIVIA?

82 1,375
 12-30-2015, 03:26 PM
User Info
I am going to be grabbing quite a few tins but gotta wait for the Oliva to hit the market first!

46 1,102
 12-30-2015, 03:40 PM
User Info
(12-30-2015, 02:47 PM)zaclikestoshave Wrote:
(12-30-2015, 02:44 PM)Ellas318 Wrote:

Hope this helps NEO

I am a fan of sweet almond oil as mentioned by someone else but I am fine without the coconut oil. I never did find CRSW to be as slick as I wanted it to be but I will be getting some of the new olive oil soap.

I have found the Select to be quite slick. Any lack of slickness in most soaps can be remedied by adding more water. Easy Peasy!

I'll be a customer for sure of the V2 (love me some vetiver) but I'm waiting on the Oliva.

0 97
 12-30-2015, 04:09 PM
  • Giorgio
  • Pennsylvania, US
User Info

Rolleyes 

Larry must have been working on the website today, because this description was not up a few hours ago...

34 1,627
 12-30-2015, 04:30 PM
User Info
Please forgive the incomplete description of the SELECT v.2 today. My website editor was not cooperating this morning. I found that my my hosting/website provider was conducting a unbeknownst to me scheduled maintenance which was affecting my ability to create content. 

Thanks to everyone who have contributed to this thread!

4 954
 12-30-2015, 04:32 PM
User Info
(12-30-2015, 04:09 PM)Giorgio Wrote:

Rolleyes 

Larry must have been working on the website today, because this description was not up a few hours ago...
Quite right - there was no description when I checked the website earlier. Thanks for the clarifications above!

3 1,484
 12-30-2015, 04:55 PM
User Info

Some people will find any excuse to complain or rain on ones parade it seems. I'm actually disappointed in you NeoXerxes. With your vast knowledge of soaps, formulas, bases, ingredients and such I would of expected you to be able to tell us all exactly how this soap would perform based on a cursory glance of the ingredient list. 

Just joking... lol

Good show Larry!

0 119
 12-30-2015, 05:01 PM
User Info
Barbier Sapone Sounds Fantastic!  

46 1,102
 12-30-2015, 05:04 PM
User Info
(12-30-2015, 04:55 PM)JHamel Wrote:

Some people will find any excuse to complain or rain on ones parade it seems. I'm actually disappointed in you NeoXerxes. With your vast knowledge of soaps, formulas, bases, ingredients and such I would of expected you to be able to tell us all exactly how this soap would perform based on a cursory glance of the ingredient list. 

Just joking... lol

Good show Larry!
Shame on me. From looking at the label, I should have been able to describe how it tastes too, and whether or not it can provide one temporary sustenance on a desert island. Shame!

3 1,484
 12-30-2015, 06:06 PM
User Info
barbier sapone.... really interested.... Looks like a barbershop but with lavender instead of bergamot?

0 55