01-01-2016, 06:16 AM
User Info
So I ppicked up some citricos from a fine member here and a thinking of purchasing 2 more spaps directly from the manufacturer.  I'm thinking i wI'll like the eastern breeze but am trying to decide between wet earth and the patchouli/orange/ylang ylang.  CoCould someone who has been wet earth [or any of the others] give me a good description of thr scents.   
Thanks a bunch and HAPPY NEW YEAR

90 899
 01-01-2016, 07:31 AM
User Info
The name fits it perfectly, it smells, to me, exactly like fresh dug up wet dirt(in a good way)

16 215
 01-01-2016, 07:58 AM
User Info
Well, take this knowing that scent is subjective, but to me Wet Earth smelled like some kind of baking dough. I have Chiseled Face Sherlock that has the 'fresh dirt' type of scent in it but I certainly never got that scent from Wet Earth. Who knows maybe I had a container where the scent was a bit off.

3 920
 01-01-2016, 08:07 AM
  • lfs70
  • Virginia
User Info
To me it smelled like organic peanut butter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

80 469
 01-01-2016, 08:46 AM
User Info
If you are referring to Tierra Humeda, then it is a very nice, mild, true Vetiver scent. Personally, I prefer Manuel's Vetiver de Haiti as it is a very potent and earthier Vetiver.

83 21,081
 01-01-2016, 01:27 PM
User Info
Tierra Humeda smells like a greenhouse, at least to my sniffer. Smells just like Mikes Natural Soaps Vetiver.

16 652
 01-01-2016, 03:27 PM
  • Aleksey
  • Enabler
  • Istanbul, Turkiye
User Info
It reminded me Guerlain Vetiver.

0 1,053
 01-01-2016, 07:34 PM
User Info
It originally smelled like peanut butter but I bought a second puck and my nose picks up a smooth dirty note. Polarizing scent for sure.

79 1,339
 01-04-2016, 05:30 AM
User Info
It's not clear from your post whether you have already been in touch with Manuel, Tony, but I emailed him just before the turn of the year and in his response list of offerings, there were both the old and a new version of Tierra Humeda/Wet Earth, the new formulation being slightly more expensive (18.60 vs 13.80 EUR). In his words, the new is a "great improvement in the aroma, with more quality and potency". 

I haven't tried any of them, but was planning to. I do have the Vetiver de Haiti, on the other hand, which is as far from e.g. CRSW Vetiver moderne's fruitiness as you can possibly go. Sniffed from the box, this is RAW, though it mellows once lathered up. I love it, both scent wise and performance wise. I also have the Brisa de Oriente/Eastern Breeze and cannot see that the performance is much beneath the "Premium line". You have already settled for it, I guess (or perhaps even placed an order by now), but my take on the scent would be an Indian spiced chai, milk-based but fresh and zesty.

2 66
 01-04-2016, 06:33 AM
User Info
(01-04-2016, 05:30 AM)Halvor Wrote: It's not clear from your post whether you have already been in touch with Manuel, Tony, but I emailed him just before the turn of the year and in his response list of offerings, there were both the old and a new version of Tierra Humeda/Wet Earth, the new formulation being slightly more expensive (18.60 vs 13.80 EUR). In his words, the new is a "great improvement in the aroma, with more quality and potency". 

I haven't tried any of them, but was planning to. I do have the Vetiver de Haiti, on the other hand, which is as far from e.g. CRSW Vetiver moderne's fruitiness as you can possibly go. Sniffed from the box, this is RAW, though it mellows once lathered up. I love it, both scent wise and performance wise. I also have the Brisa de Oriente/Eastern Breeze and cannot see that the performance is much beneath the "Premium line". You have already settled for it, I guess (or perhaps even placed an order by now), but my take on the scent would be an Indian spiced chai, milk-based but fresh and zesty.

I ordered eastern breeze and ylang ylang patchouli orange.

90 899
 01-04-2016, 06:52 AM
User Info
(01-04-2016, 06:33 AM)chromedometone Wrote: I ordered eastern breeze and ylang ylang patchouli orange.

Thumbup

83 21,081