01-02-2016, 04:50 PM
User Info
We here at Shave Nook are very lucky to have so many highly skilled artisans who participate in the Artisan Corner.  Here are two new stone handle brushes from Bob Quinn of Elite Razor just added to my stable:

Gold Laced Onyx

[Image: zHI63wd.jpg]

[Image: mVl4Kah.jpg]

Kingman Turquoise

[Image: NrK2pfn.jpg]

[Image: oQ2tl8b.jpg]

I have a number of wood handle and resin handle brushes, and while I love each and every one of them there is just something about a stone handle brush.  If you've never tried one, I strongly recommend it.  I especially like the weight, the feel and the way they sound when they "clink" up against my ceramic shaving bowl.  And if you've never gone the artisan route, I strongly recommend that also.  There's a lot going on over there at the Artisan Corner.

0 135
 01-02-2016, 07:09 PM
User Info
Beautiful brushes from a truly talented artisan. I'm sure you will enjoy those for a long time Downing.

31 8,058
 01-02-2016, 08:01 PM
User Info
Bob's E7 handle is superb and that turquoise is just beautiful.  Congratulations on a stunning pair of brushes.

50 6,426
 01-02-2016, 08:08 PM
  • ben74
  • Perth, Australia
User Info
Bob does amazing work with natural materials, congratulations!

I had an M&F 3XL with stone handle made for me by Lee Sabini. It was absolutely beautiful, but too heavy. What is the weight like with the more slender E7?

99 18,011