07-10-2012, 12:07 PM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
[Image: 106959.jpg]

Another fantastic German shaving cream.As Speick,Nivea,Florena,Logonna,and Weleda shaving creams,has a very good skin care properties.This one is formulated with natural ingredients,and with similar ingredients that the Speick,Florena and Weleda.

The lather from this shaving cream is thick and with cushion,but maybe not as slick as other German creams like Nivea,and clerly behind the UK shaving creams.However,its skin care,as I pointed earlier,is much better than the UK creams (for my dry skin,I mean),even better than the famous Geo F Trumper Coconut or Taylor Avocado.

Another point for this shaving cream is its scent : fresh and herbal,but subtle,nice for spring/summer or hot time.Its not a "chemical" scent,but more delicate.

Its price is 19 dollars in Whole Foods,for a tube of 75 ml,but as the Weleda shaving cream,you can find it cheaper online,but not as cheap as the Speick shaving cream,Im afraid.

Another good example about how good a shaving cream could be,and I put this one in the same category as the Muhle/Edwin Jagger shaving creams.

86 7,123
 07-10-2012, 12:13 PM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
Thanks Teiste. Another cream for me to put on my list.

173 23,516
 07-10-2012, 12:16 PM
  • Philbo
  • West Midlands, UK
User Info
(07-10-2012, 12:13 PM)Johnny Wrote: Thanks Teiste. Another cream for me to put on my list.

+1

Half Price here!

0 62
 07-12-2012, 10:19 PM
User Info
 07-13-2012, 05:32 AM
  • SLB04
  • Schalksmühle
User Info
(07-12-2012, 10:19 PM)oversaturn Wrote: A nice price here also: http://www.iherb.com/AnneMarie-Borlind-C...75-ml/4153

That is almost the same price as in Germany. I have tried this cream some years ago. It was before I started classic shaving and I cannot even remember the scent.

I guess I will have to try it again. Weleda and Logona as well.

1 374
 05-25-2016, 12:03 AM
User Info
An old thread I found when looking for information on AB.

Here my first effort with these products:
Annemarie Börlind is a producer of all natural & certified to be so cosmetics my gf likes a lot.
So I was curious to try their shaving cream and as balm.
The brand was founded 1959 by Annemarie Lindner, a pioneer of natural cosmetics. February this year she ceased at the age of 95 years.

Aloe vera and licorice root give it a warm and nice, slightly sweet scent which I did like. Similar to sandalwood, but warmer, richer.
Very nice shave and a nice post shave skin feeling.
Good stuff.

BSB brush with Mühle silvertip fibre knot
Barbaros razor, a stainless steel clone of the Gibbs, an utter delight with a Gillette silver blue.
The Barbaros handle looks like one of Toby Sooter's Triad handle: Barbaros had asked for Toby's permission to use this shape. That is what I call style.

The after shave's scent matches nicely sweeter perfumes like AdP Colonia, Bois 1920 classic oder Penhaligon's As Sawira.
Do try As Sawira!

soundtrack: celebrating Bob Dylan's 75.birthday

https://www.facebook.com/SydneyUrshanOff...101115361/[Image: cec544717f51b14a89d99115551a0843.jpg]

Gesendet von meinem iPad mit Tapatalk

0 155