01-07-2016, 09:09 PM
User Info
I have really gotten into listening to podcasts to/from work for a couple of years now. I find it better than listening to the radio and there are so many podcasts out there that there is bound to be one for you.

Some of my favorites include Serial, WTF, Comedy Bang Bang and the Bill Burr podcast. How about you guys.

80 947
 01-07-2016, 09:41 PM
User Info
I love the podcasts from Art of Manliness. Also, Joyce Meyer and Ravi Zacharias.

Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using Tapatalk

1 1,975
 01-07-2016, 09:50 PM
User Info
We're Alive-- apocalyptic zombie horror drama with excellent character development. It starts to fizzle out and get longwinded at the end though. It is is in the format of an old timey radio show.
No Sleep Podcast-- Amateur horror stories narrated by excellent professional narrators. Good production values.

I'm looking for a good alternative news podcast by the way, if anyone has any recommendations. I don't trust the mainstream media at all.

18 713
 01-08-2016, 08:00 AM
User Info
(01-07-2016, 09:41 PM)C-NoEviL Wrote: I love the podcasts from Art of Manliness. Also, Joyce Meyer and Ravi Zacharias.

Thanks for sharing Bryan. I'm going have to check out the Art of Manliness podcast, as it sounds like I would enjoy it. The Joyce Meyer podcast also sounds like a good positive podcast to help get the day started right.

80 947
 01-08-2016, 08:04 AM
User Info
(01-07-2016, 09:50 PM)fram773 Wrote: We're Alive-- apocalyptic zombie horror drama with excellent character development. It starts to fizzle out and get longwinded at the end though. It is is in the format of an old timey radio show.
No Sleep Podcast-- Amateur horror stories narrated by excellent professional narrators. Good production values.

I'm looking for a good alternative news podcast by the way, if anyone has any recommendations. I don't trust the mainstream media at all.

As a self proclaimed zombie fan, We're Alive sounds like an interesting listen. I'm downloading the 1st episode right now and plan on giving it a spin this weekend. I can see how the old radio show performances were such a hit back in the day, as some of these actors really provide great performances during the show. I'll be sure to check out the No Sleep pod as well.

80 947
 01-08-2016, 08:23 AM
User Info
Welcome to Night Vale -  a twice-monthly podcast in the style of community updates for the small desert town of Night Vale, featuring local weather, news, announcements from the Sheriff's Secret Police, mysterious lights in the night sky, dark hooded figures with unknowable powers, and cultural events.

Remember; If you see something, say nothing, and drink to forget...

[Image: Welcome-to-Nightvale.jpg]

3 4,682
 01-08-2016, 08:30 AM
User Info
I have one in my ear pretty much any time I am on the move, commuting, etc. The one that got me into it was the Firefly podcast several years ago. And then the one for Fringe was really great as well. Right now i'm listening to these a lot:

Serial 
Crime Writers on Serial
Undisclosed
HPR
Ross Tucker Football 
Film Junk
Comedy Bang Bang

Pretty much any popular genre series now has at least one podcast that really enhances being a fan of the show. Game of thrones, Walking dead, Better call saul, etc. 
Serial season one was a game changer for podcasts. What an amazing listen...

42 1,198
 01-08-2016, 08:40 AM
User Info
(01-08-2016, 08:30 AM)shevek Wrote: I have one in my ear pretty much any time I am on the move, commuting, etc. The one that got me into it was the Firefly podcast several years ago. And then the one for Fringe was really great as well. Right now i'm listening to these a lot:

Serial 
Crime Writers on Serial
Undisclosed
HPR
Ross Tucker Football 
Film Junk
Comedy Bang Bang

Pretty much any popular genre series now has at least one podcast that really enhances being a fan of the show. Game of thrones, Walking dead, Better call saul, etc. 

Thanks for sharing Rob! I agree that podcasts serve to enhance the source material and allow us to dive as deep as we want. If you like Game of Thrones, check out the Boiled Leather Podcast, as the host has some great insights into the book and show. 

And yes Serial season 1 was amazing. Season 2 is ok so far but has not been able to recapture the magic of season 1.

80 947
 01-08-2016, 09:35 AM
User Info
Jessie, AOM is such an awesome podcast and overall site. Been Following for years now.

1 1,975
 01-08-2016, 02:20 PM
User Info
(01-08-2016, 08:40 AM)lestorfreemon Wrote:
(01-08-2016, 08:30 AM)shevek Wrote: I have one in my ear pretty much any time I am on the move, commuting, etc. The one that got me into it was the Firefly podcast several years ago. And then the one for Fringe was really great as well. Right now i'm listening to these a lot:

Serial 
Crime Writers on Serial
Undisclosed
HPR
Ross Tucker Football 
Film Junk
Comedy Bang Bang

Thanks for sharing Rob! I agree that podcasts serve to enhance the source material and allow us to dive as deep as we want. If you like Game of Thrones, check out the Boiled Leather Podcast, as the host has some great insights into the book and show. 

And yes Serial season 1 was amazing. Season 2 is ok so far but has not been able to recapture the magic of season 1.
Thanks for the GoT tip. The only thing is that I haven't read the books, so I stay away from potential spoiler material. I really like a Cast of Kings... They are very careful about spoilers, even though one of the hosts did read the books.

Agree on Serial season 1 vs 2. 2 has been interesting, but hasn't had the Holy ____! moments like season 1

42 1,198
 01-08-2016, 02:59 PM
  • lfs70
  • Virginia
User Info
WTF, Bill Burr and Adam & Drew are my go to shows.
Looks like Serial, Comedy BangBang and Boiled Leather are going to be added to my que tonight.

80 469
 01-08-2016, 08:33 PM
User Info
(01-08-2016, 02:20 PM)shevek Wrote:
(01-08-2016, 08:40 AM)lestorfreemon Wrote:

Serial 
Crime Writers on Serial
Undisclosed
HPR
Ross Tucker Football 
Film Junk
Comedy Bang Bang

Thanks for the GoT tip. The only thing is that I haven't read the books, so I stay away from potential spoiler material. I really like a Cast of Kings... They are very careful about spoilers, even though one of the hosts did read the books.

Agree on Serial season 1 vs 2. 2 has been interesting, but hasn't had the Holy ____! moments like season 1

Well at this point the books and the show are pretty much completely caught up. I don't know that much can be spoiled at this point. The podcast is fantastic but admittedly i have read the books.

I'm gonna stick it out with season 2 and hope it improves.

~Jesse~

80 947
 01-08-2016, 08:34 PM
User Info
(01-08-2016, 02:59 PM)lfs70 Wrote: WTF, Bill Burr and Adam & Drew are my go to shows.
Looks like Serial, Comedy BangBang and Boiled Leather are going to be added to my que tonight.

Let us know what you think about serial when you get around to giving it a listen.

~Jesse~

80 947
 01-13-2016, 04:57 PM
User Info
The only podcasts I listen to are Fantasy Football related and of those the best is The Fantasy Footballers Podcast

4 929
 01-13-2016, 05:52 PM
User Info
I'll have to check that one out Dave

~Jesse~

80 947
 01-13-2016, 08:32 PM
  • Wrathen
  • Gulf Breeze, FL
User Info
I'm going to have to check some of these out the only podcasts I listen to are gaming related

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16 792