01-09-2016, 03:55 PM
User Info
I decided some time ago, that travel razors, travel brushes and the likes are more gimmick gear, than real serious shaving gear.

I go from my condo in a taxi to the station, and then take a taxi from the station to the hotel.
Or I go from the station to the airport.

What I folund was that I saved 125-150 gram on using a small travel brush and travel razor instead of just buying a full sized razor and brush.

125-150 gram may be important, if you're going out in space or on a trip to the Amazonas, but for most of us, this weight difference is insignificant.

So I give you my travel gear - let mere hear a littel bit about yours  Smile

Mühle Liscio Black resin Fusion razor - nice full size handle.
[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

Edwin Jagger Black Laser 3D DE Chrome Plated safety razor - nice 3D grip.
[Image: DE3DBC15bl_2.jpg]

Stirling KONG 26 mm synthetic - nice big handle and nice big knot, I only use synthetics when I travel
[Image: StirlingKongKnots_zpsapqd1bqq.jpg]

Shaving cream: Currently I use a tube of Proraso Red, but also use Speick shaving cream, Proraso Green and Musgo Real cream on the go

Shaving soap: HASLINGER HASLINGER HASLINGER - I have a small older Mondial travel container with a screw lid, and the Haslinger 60 gram soaps fit perfectcly in them.

Razor blades: I normally carry a 5 pack of Feather blades and a 5 pack of Personna Lab Blue, and a 4 pack of regular Fusion carts.

Pre shave cream: Proraso Green during the summer, and Proraso Red during the winter

After Shave: You can't go wrong with Speick Splash and Proraso Balm here. If I need to pack lighter, I will take my light weight Clinique Post Shave Healer, which is in a small 75 ml plastic flask.

What gear do you use, when you travel ?

24 5,840
 01-09-2016, 04:07 PM
  • celar36
  • Enjoying Life 1 shave at time
  • London, UK
User Info
I use feather no.90, muhle synt and rest is same as daily sotd

Problem i have is finding good wet shaving travel bag. It need to be leather

11 880
 01-09-2016, 04:57 PM
  • jtmke
  • Ex shaving hater
  • milwaukee
User Info
Chubby 2 in super and an EJ 89. For the   Soap I just grab a tub of anything I am in the mood for and same goes for aftershave.

7 438
 01-09-2016, 05:06 PM
  • evnpar
  • Emeritus
  • Portland, Oregon
User Info
If I'm traveling by car, I'll pack a straight, a travel strop, a synthetic brush, and a small, Czech & Speake travel puck of soap, either No. 88 or O&C. If I'm flying, I'll substitute my Pils for the straight and strop. I've never used a cart.

38 5,030
 01-09-2016, 05:06 PM
User Info
My SE travel setup is a GEM 1912 Junior with GEM PTFE blades. My DE travel setup is a NEW Deluxe head on an ATT Atlas handle with Feather Blades. I've got an ATT leather travel case for the DE when I go that route.

I recently got a RazoRock Plissoft brush that will be used for travel.

For soap, I use either a Speick Stick or a tube of Proraso Blue Cream.

For aftershave, I like either Fine American Blend or Captain's Choice Lime.

I also bring along my Aesop Stainless Bowl since it fits well in my Dopp bag.

2 89
 01-09-2016, 05:13 PM
  • chazt
  • Bayside, NY
User Info
razor: Merkur 42C

blades: a custom loaded tuck of Crystal, GSB, 7:00 Yellows, Lab Blues and Med Preps.

brush: depending on my mood when packing a Semogue 2015HD, WD 20x45 silvertip or Omega Barberpole synth.

soap/cream: a Mama Bear's tub (it's smaller than most) filled with a hodgepodge of tallow soaps (a great way to get rid of that last bit of soap in the bottom of a 99% empty jar) and depending on the season a tube of P-Red or P-Green.

Bloc Osma alum in a water tight container.

4 1,915
 01-09-2016, 05:22 PM
  • BobH
  • Thunder Bay Canada
User Info
Yes, I guess how sedentary your travel style is helps determine if you don't care about how heavy or bulky your travel kit is. Normally when we travel we are never in one place longer than 3 days and most likely over night in a lot of cases. I get along fine with minimal light weight gear. My shaving kit is normally a Simpsons Classic 1 synthetic in a travel tube, a Arko/Palmolive shave stick in a travel tube. a small sized screw up alum deodorant for after the shave, a DE of some sort be it Merkur slant or Fatip, a tuck of blades and some AS.

That all goes into a Frost River roll up canvas dopp kit along with my other personal care items like medicine tooth brush, tooth paste and so on. I sub in a twin blade cart and refill heads if travelling by air. I likely would be a different story if I was just going from A to B and staying at B for an extended time before returning to A.

Bob

0 1,694
 01-09-2016, 05:55 PM
User Info
if inland travel: same as at home.
if flying abroad: skip shaving - but i hardly travel abroad, perhaps twice in 15 years, so no prob.

7 1,624
 01-09-2016, 07:21 PM
User Info
I no longer differentiate between regular and travel shaving gear.  If I'm checking in luggage, I pack a stainless DE razor, a Muhle XL or Chubby 2 synthetic brush,  and  soap in a tin.  I choose a synthetic solely because it dries quickly.  If I'm carrying on luggage, I bring a cartridge razor instead of the DE.

48 5,714
 01-09-2016, 07:42 PM
  • SRNewb
  • No. Va, USA
User Info
I don't do a lot of travelling, but if had to, I'd bring my 54 Super Speed, a tuck of whatever blades I fancied, one of my synth brushes, a puck of Ogallala Bay Rum, and Barbasol Brisk
If flying, I'd bring my SS and my brush in carry on, a tuck of blades in checked baggage, and buy a puck of Van der Haggen, and a drugstore AS once I got to my destination, assuming in the CONUS region.

2 1,683
 01-09-2016, 08:05 PM
User Info
I've never flown, do they raise a stink about a safety razor and aftershave splash in your carry on? It do you put it and blades in your checked luggage?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

2 342
 01-09-2016, 08:07 PM
User Info
(01-09-2016, 08:05 PM)youngunn2008 Wrote: I've never flown, do they raise a stink about a safety razor and aftershave splash in your carry on? It do you put it and blades in your checked luggage?

Definitely. TSA says no razor blades or fluids over an ounce or two in carry on luggage. Checked baggage can carry it though.

31 8,055
 01-09-2016, 08:11 PM
User Info
(01-09-2016, 08:07 PM)SharpSpine Wrote:
(01-09-2016, 08:05 PM)youngunn2008 Wrote: I've never flown, do they raise a stink about a safety razor and aftershave splash in your carry on? It do you put it and blades in your checked luggage?

Definitely. TSA says no razor blades or fluids over an ounce or two in carry on luggage. Checked baggage can carry it though.
Thank you. What about a razor with no blades? I have heard stories about people getting them confiscated because TSA agents are morons...

2 342