01-09-2016, 05:42 PM
  • MaxP
  • Madison, WI
User Info
Folks,

It’s time to make some adjustments to my brush cabinet.
Here are three fine brushes that aren’t finding their way into my rotation.  So, for sale or trade are:

SOLD   Shavemac D01 in Tortoise.  A two-band.  This was purchased by Optometrist.  He and I agree that its not a typical D01.  This one is dense with a small amount of scrtich.  I am fine with that, it’s the handle that doesn’t fit well in my hand. 

27 mm x 51 mm loft.  The sale price is $140.  Original box will be included.

[Image: B6aOCey.jpg]

[Image: oRtOFJk.jpg]

SOLD   Plisson, size 12.
 My caliper measures this as 22.5 x 55.5.   This one is a  beautiful faux tortoise.  I really like the hues.  It’s a newer brush and has some black hairs in the knot.  I bought this last fall from Zac because I really wanted to own and experience a Plisson.  Well, I’ve done that.  Now its someone else’s turn.  $215.

[Image: dIpid0L.jpg]

[Image: IK4zTDJ.jpg]

TRADED   M&F 2XL two-band Blonde Badger in briarwood.  An excellent two band brush.  Soft tips.  Excellent condition.  I actually sold this brush once and bought it back after a week!  I believe its lost two hairs in the many months that I’ve owned it.

It measures 25 x 51.  I’m only selling it because its quite similar to another 2XL I have and I want to try something else.  Sale price is $225 but trade offers will get preference.

[Image: glTvSsh.jpg]

[Image: jMaErap.jpg]

I am open to trade offers as well.   My interests are
  • a Wiborg.
  • Tulip 2 two-band
  • Other two-band brushes.
Paypal please, US50 shipping included. International at actual costs. Feel free to ask questions.  Thanks!

57 1,569
 01-09-2016, 05:48 PM
User Info
Beautiful brushes. How do you like the Plisson? Is there any scritch?

22 653
 01-09-2016, 05:52 PM
  • MaxP
  • Madison, WI
User Info
(01-09-2016, 05:48 PM)Starkicker Wrote: Beautiful brushes. How do you like the Plisson? Is there any scritch?

Thanks. 

The Plisson has some dark hairs that introduce some scritch.  Not much, but its there.  And I don't have any issue with that.  However, I really prefer more backbone than this brush offers. Its NOT floppy.  But it isn't a Machurian either!

Hope that's helpful.

Max

57 1,569
 01-09-2016, 06:02 PM
User Info
I didn't notice a price on the M&F?

3 913
 01-09-2016, 06:51 PM
  • MaxP
  • Madison, WI
User Info
(01-09-2016, 06:02 PM)Oasisdave Wrote: I didn't notice a price on the M&F?

Price added.  I apologize for the omission.

MaxP

57 1,569