07-11-2012, 06:17 PM
  • soulska
  • Burbank, CA
User Info
I have bulk Astra SP and would like to just try out the Feather blade. Just need 2 of the Feathers and name how many Astras you would like (within reason). Thanks.

0 36
 07-13-2012, 06:34 AM
  • vferdman
  • Artisan
  • Western Massachusetts
User Info
(07-11-2012, 06:17 PM)soulska Wrote: I have bulk Astra SP and would like to just try out the Feather blade. Just need 2 of the Feathers and name how many Astras you would like (within reason). Thanks.

Are you in US? If so, PM me your address and I'll send you a couple of Feather blades. No need for payment, I have plenty of Astra SP and like them very much (except for that stupid glue). Feathers are sharper and perhaps a little less smooth, but I really like them. You have to be very careful with your technique when using a Feather blade. No pressure. Let the blade do the work.

25 1,705
 07-13-2012, 10:27 AM
  • soulska
  • Burbank, CA
User Info
(07-13-2012, 06:34 AM)vferdman Wrote:
(07-11-2012, 06:17 PM)soulska Wrote: I have bulk Astra SP and would like to just try out the Feather blade. Just need 2 of the Feathers and name how many Astras you would like (within reason). Thanks.

Are you in US? If so, PM me your address and I'll send you a couple of Feather blades. No need for payment, I have plenty of Astra SP and like them very much (except for that stupid glue). Feathers are sharper and perhaps a little less smooth, but I really like them. You have to be very careful with your technique when using a Feather blade. No pressure. Let the blade do the work.
that would be greatly appreciated. i am in the US, ill PM you.

yes the stupid glue is useless and gets on my nerves every time.

0 36
 07-13-2012, 11:08 AM
  • vferdman
  • Artisan
  • Western Massachusetts
User Info
(07-13-2012, 10:27 AM)soulska Wrote: that would be greatly appreciated. i am in the US, ill PM you.

yes the stupid glue is useless and gets on my nerves every time.

Got your PM. Will send out the blades today or tomorrow. as far as glue on the Astras, I just wipe it gently with my fingers. Yes! I wipe blades with my hands! Just like it says not to do. Don't try this at home, I am a trained professional. Actually, I sharpen my knives and am very aware of how to deal with sharp edges. A brand new Astra blade can be wiped under hot water as long as you are aware of the edge and do not wipe along it, but rather go from center of the blade to the edge. It is perfectly safe to wipe in that direction (ONLY in that direction). Hot water makes the glue softer and it washes off. A bit of soap helps too. I know, it's a pain to do on a disposable blade, but the amount of glue on the Astras is just too much and collects inside the razor if I don't deal with it somehow. Otherwise an excellent blade. Cheap and consistently sharp and smooth.

25 1,705