01-11-2016, 11:10 PM
User Info
Hi everyone, I just pulled the trigger on the ATT S1 and I'm very excited to have it, however I'm also still waiting for the Stealth to be available for months now. 

The reviews really astounded and convinced me, specially that YouTube video where Michael Freedberg made a review for the Stealth after 2 weeks of using it.

Now that I have the ATT S1, if suddenly the Stealth becomes available, should I still go for it?

Which one gave you a better shave? Would it be redundant? 

I have a sensitive skin that's why I was hoping the Slants would work best for me. I also tried the 37c, and I liked it as well, but I read from some reviews that the S1 was really good, efficient and yet smooth.

Best regards,

11 1,169
 01-11-2016, 11:38 PM
User Info
I currently use the ATT S1 daily, and I love it. The Razorock Stealth slant will likely be no longer produced, so you'll have to scour the B/S/T to find one.

I bought and sold the v4 one. It was a cool razor, but I found the head to be a bit awkward and didn't love the weight and craftsmanship of it. There was nothing really wrong with the craftsmanship, but the finishing didn't match up to the ATT S1's. Overall, it just felt less solid. I think if I had spent more time with it, I might have come to enjoy it, but I figured with the limited numbers available, it would be best to get it into the hands of someone who really wanted it.

So, I guess I'd say that if you see one available, go ahead and try it. But, I don't think you're missing out on some miracle razor. It's just another cool razor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 282
 01-11-2016, 11:54 PM
User Info
(01-11-2016, 11:38 PM)Watson15 Wrote: I currently use the ATT S1 daily, and I love it. The Razorock Stealth slant will likely be no longer produced, so you'll have to scour the B/S/T to find one.

I bought and sold the v4 one. It was a cool razor, but I found the head to be a bit awkward and didn't love the weight and craftsmanship of it. There was nothing really wrong with the craftsmanship, but the finishing didn't match up to the ATT S1's. Overall, it just felt less solid. I think if I had spent more time with it, I might have come to enjoy it, but I figured with the limited numbers available, it would be best to get it into the hands of someone who really wanted it.

So, I guess I'd say that if you see one available, go ahead and try it. But, I don't think you're missing out on some miracle razor. It's just another cool razor.

Fantastic response, thank you. Although hearing that it might not be produced again sounds like a bummer, I guess that will help kill my RAD with the help of the S1. So far I don't have another Razor I'm crazy to have, except maybe the Wolfman which I am also waiting for. Choosing between the SB or OC is my main problem with that one.. yeah.. Sad

I guess I'm pretty weird cause I'm checking my bookmarked link of the Stealth everyday just to see if it's available, eBay prices just don't sit right with me. I did this for a few months now and finally I decided I'm just going to look for another well received razor which was the S1.

11 1,169
 01-12-2016, 12:14 AM
  • ben74
  • Perth, Australia
User Info
I believe the RR Stealth was modelled after a NOS German Slant that surfaced on the forums in 2012.

I owned one of these NOS German slants and found the apex of the top cap prevented nimble navigation of areas under the nose. Primarily for this reason the razor did not suit me. I suspect that the RR Stealth would have presented me with a similar concern. However, I've not owned one and can only speculate.

The top cap of the ATT slant appears infinitely improved in terms of being able to navigate under the nose etc. Again I've not owned one. However, I owned the iKon slant and that presented a similar issue with regards to a problematic apex. I found no issue with the iKon shave craft slant and Merkur slants.

There is a certain amount of hype, fanboism and misguided exuberism that often drives popularity of certain items...

99 18,011
 01-12-2016, 02:45 PM
User Info
I haven't yet tried the RR Stealth, but the head looks unwieldy to me. The S1 is comfortable, yet not quite efficient enough for a daily driver. I like to use it when I am suffering from some sort of irritation or razor burn. S2 is more suitable as a daily driver for me since it is more efficient than the S1.

3 1,484
 01-12-2016, 03:10 PM
  • ajc347
  • Exeter, UK
User Info
Great choice on the ATT S1. Smile

I did brief summary of the slants I've used on another forum and this should hopefully give you an idea on how, in my experience, the S1 compares with the Razorock Stainless Steel Stealth:

In terms of overall aggressiveness (with the most aggressive first), I would rate the slants I've used as being:

Ikon B1
37c/39c
ATT S1
Razorock
Ikon 102

In terms of smoothness there is very little difference between the B1, S1, 102 and Stealth Slant. They all give a smooth shave and are much smoother razors than a 37c or 39c. 

33 660
 01-12-2016, 04:37 PM
User Info
(01-12-2016, 03:10 PM)ajc347 Wrote: Great choice on the ATT S1. Smile

I did brief summary of the slants I've used on another forum and this should hopefully give you an idea on how, in my experience, the S1 compares with the Razorock Stainless Steel Stealth:

In terms of overall aggressiveness (with the most aggressive first), I would rate the slants I've used as being:

Ikon B1
37c/39c
ATT S1
Razorock
Ikon 102

In terms of smoothness there is very little difference between the B1, S1, 102 and Stealth Slant. They all give a smooth shave and are much smoother razors than a 37c or 39c. 
This is a really helpful list. Do you find any difference between the 37C or 39C? I've heard conflicting reports on whether or not they are equivalent in terms of performance.

3 1,484
 01-12-2016, 05:06 PM
  • ajc347
  • Exeter, UK
User Info
I've not found any difference between the 37c and 39c other than handle length.

They both give a nice shave, but are not as good as some of the stainless steel offerings out there. As mentioned above, the overall margins of difference are pretty small though. Smile

33 660
 01-12-2016, 05:08 PM
User Info
(01-12-2016, 05:06 PM)ajc347 Wrote: I've not found any difference between the 37c and 39c other than handle length.

They both give a nice shave, but are not as good as some of the stainless steel offerings out there. As mentioned above, the overall margins of difference are pretty small though. Smile

Thanks for the reply! I was considering getting one or both for the longest time, but then I ended up getting the ATT system (with S1 and S2 plates). It cured my RAD completely, though I must say that the Wolfman brand has me tempted (if only to get one of their modified razors in titanium). If they made a slant it would be even better.

The Razorock always interested me also, but that head seems so damn awkward. I'd hate to buy a razor and have it constantly be competing with my nose for real estate.

3 1,484
 01-13-2016, 03:23 PM
User Info
My favorite of the two was the S1 as it was comfortable on my face and very efficient. The Stealth Slant has a very particular angle and if you don't hit it just right it would not cut, at least for me. 

The S1 is the easy choice as it can be easily acquired, whereas the Stealth Slant you would need luck in finding.

80 947
 01-14-2016, 03:38 PM
User Info
I always get a great shave from the stealth but I cant get under my nose so those shave require two razors

0 49
 01-14-2016, 03:39 PM
User Info
(01-14-2016, 03:38 PM)Rigger Wrote: I always get a great shave from the stealth but I cant get under my nose so those shave require two razors

Having to use two razors for one shave would annoy me to no end :/. The offending razor would quickly get PIF'd.

3 1,484
 01-14-2016, 11:47 PM
User Info
i own both in fact i have each variation of the rr slant. and i think the att is a bit easier to use. you can get a great shave with the stealth but it does have a MUCH more narrow angle to use and as said is not nearly as nimble. i like the stealth but if i had to choose one of those 2 it would be the att.

16 660
 01-15-2016, 03:18 AM
  • Aleksey
  • Enabler
  • Istanbul, Turkiye
User Info
How you guys would compare S1 to S2?

0 1,053
 01-15-2016, 04:13 AM
User Info
I prefer straight bars so for me the S1 was more comfortable than the S2. With the S2 I felt a lot more blade on my face.

80 947
 01-15-2016, 09:48 AM
User Info
(01-15-2016, 03:18 AM)Aleksey Wrote: How you guys would compare S1 to S2?

S1 is slightly more smooth while S2 is slightly more efficient. They do feel different though so I think it's worth owning both.

3 1,484
 01-15-2016, 09:55 AM
  • Aleksey
  • Enabler
  • Istanbul, Turkiye
User Info
S2 looks scary to me. Is it aggressive?

0 1,053
 01-15-2016, 10:13 AM
User Info
(01-15-2016, 09:55 AM)Aleksey Wrote: S2 looks scary to me. Is it aggressive?

More efficient than aggressive. It will bite more than the S1 if you have terrible technique, but it will also offer a closer shave.

3 1,484
 01-15-2016, 10:39 AM
  • Aleksey
  • Enabler
  • Istanbul, Turkiye
User Info
(01-15-2016, 10:13 AM)NeoXerxes Wrote:

More efficient than aggressive. It will bite more than the S1 if you have terrible technique, but it will also offer a closer shave.

As I expected it to be. Thanks Neo!

0 1,053
 01-15-2016, 10:47 AM
User Info
(01-15-2016, 10:39 AM)Aleksey Wrote:
(01-15-2016, 10:13 AM)NeoXerxes Wrote:

As I expected it to be. Thanks Neo!
You're quite welcome. They are both fantastic!

3 1,484