01-12-2016, 08:42 AM
User Info
My wife is going to kill me. I told her not to buy white towels because they will get ruined easily. And because my word is gospel in my house, we own a set of overly expensive white towels. Well, I should say white towels with brown stains. And my white shower curtain has brown stains as well [edit: nevermind about the curtain]. I have shaved with PannaCrema Nuavia Blu for the past three days and apparently the brown lather is the culprit. When I get home tonight, we will try to get the stains out. "Rob, it's on everything! What the $^%$! Did you throw that stuff out??" Wish me luck. And if you use PannaCrema Nuavia Blu, be very careful not to let the lather get on your towels. I really like this soap, but if you see it show up on the BST soon, you will know why.

40 1,166
 01-12-2016, 08:53 AM
User Info
I hate to tell you this mate, but if your lather is brown, you're probably doing it wrong lol. I use this soap a lot and from what I've found brown lather is indicative of either overloading or underhydrating (or both).

My white shaving towels have no stains anywhere on them. Try loading less or hydrating more and see if it solves the issue. It should perform better with proper ratios also.

3 1,484
 01-12-2016, 08:54 AM
User Info
That is unfortunate, but lesson learned...don't buy white towels.

80 947
 01-12-2016, 08:54 AM
  • Wrathen
  • Gulf Breeze, FL
User Info
LOL I haven't ever used that but when I first lathered up Drunken Goat and had a nice deep brown leather I was like hummmm where is a non-white towel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16 784
 01-12-2016, 10:20 AM
User Info
(01-12-2016, 08:53 AM)NeoXerxes Wrote: I hate to tell you this mate, but if your lather is brown, you're probably doing it wrong lol. I use this soap a lot and from what I've found brown lather is indicative of either overloading or underhydrating (or both).

My white shaving towels have no stains anywhere on them. Try loading less or hydrating more and see if it solves the issue. It should perform better with proper ratios also.

Interesting that your white towels have no stains. When I say that the lather is brown, it is bit of an exaggeration. The soap itself is deep brown, but the lather is white with a hint of brown. Cream color perhaps? I don't suspect my hydration level being the issue as I use quite a bit of water. Perhaps an experiment is in order when I get home from work. I should have a white rag somewhere to use for a test. TBC..

40 1,166
 01-12-2016, 10:24 AM
User Info
(01-12-2016, 08:54 AM)Wrathen Wrote: LOL I haven't ever used that but when I first lathered up Drunken Goat and had a nice deep brown leather I was like hummmm where is a non-white towel

Early in the morning is not when I make my best decisions, unfortunately!

40 1,166
 01-12-2016, 10:25 AM
User Info
(01-12-2016, 10:20 AM)shevek Wrote:
(01-12-2016, 08:53 AM)NeoXerxes Wrote: I hate to tell you this mate, but if your lather is brown, you're probably doing it wrong lol. I use this soap a lot and from what I've found brown lather is indicative of either overloading or underhydrating (or both).

Interesting that your white towels have no stains. When I say that the lather is brown, it is bit of an exaggeration. The soap itself is deep brown, but the lather is white with a hint of brown. Cream color perhaps? I don't suspect my hydration level being the issue as I use quite a bit of water. Perhaps an experiment is in order when I get home from work. I should have a white rag somewhere to use for a test. TBC..
Hmmm. Try playing with the two metrics that I mention above in some test lathers. When I was first getting to know this soap, test lathering and in actual use, I considered a brown lather to be unsuccessful for aesthetic and performance reasons. I'm betting that this might help, at least to some extent.

My white towels have never been stained (even slightly) by Nuavia and I use it quite often. Maybe I am lucky lol.

3 1,484
 01-12-2016, 10:28 AM
User Info
Why not bleach the spots if the towels are white?

21 368
 01-12-2016, 10:32 AM
User Info
(01-12-2016, 10:28 AM)Jsanchez Wrote: Why not bleach the spots if the towels are white?

The towels say no bleach on the label. I'll try a regular wash tonight and see if the spots come out easily. If that doesn't work, they are getting bleached. Maybe some shout stain remover as well.

40 1,166
 01-12-2016, 10:35 AM
User Info
(01-12-2016, 10:32 AM)shevek Wrote:
(01-12-2016, 10:28 AM)Jsanchez Wrote: Why not bleach the spots if the towels are white?

The towels say no bleach on the label. I'll try a regular wash tonight and see if the spots come out easily. If that doesn't work, they are getting bleached. Maybe some shout stain remover as well.

Wonder what would cause a label to say no bleach on a towel.

Hope the stains come out with some shout and a nice wash.

21 368
 01-12-2016, 11:02 AM
User Info
Thank you... I learn something new everyday.

26 470
 01-12-2016, 12:57 PM
User Info
(01-12-2016, 10:35 AM)Jsanchez Wrote:
(01-12-2016, 10:32 AM)shevek Wrote:

I contacted the towel company and they said an occasional bleaching of white towels is fine. But if it is done too often, the fibers can weaken.

40 1,166
 01-12-2016, 01:09 PM
User Info
(01-12-2016, 12:57 PM)shevek Wrote:
(01-12-2016, 10:35 AM)Jsanchez Wrote:
(01-12-2016, 10:32 AM)shevek Wrote: The towels say no bleach on the label. I'll try a regular wash tonight and see if the spots come out easily. If that doesn't work, they are getting bleached. Maybe some shout stain remover as well.

I contacted the towel company and they said an occasional bleaching of white towels is fine. But if it is done too often, the fibers can weaken.
This probably won't be necessary. The way I use it (YMMV, obviously lol), I can't imagine Nuavia generating any kind of stain (mine produces a white lather unless I load excessively or don't incorporate enough water), but if it does I would expect that it should wash out without any trouble.

Do update us on your experiments with lathering the soap and washing your towels.

3 1,484
 01-12-2016, 01:54 PM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
I didn't have such a problem with my Nuavia so far and I don't think I will. I use to wash away the lather that remains in the face after the last pass.

Also, the lather is not brown. I know what you mean but it sounds a little strange.

The lather is in ivory shade.

49 1,994
 01-12-2016, 02:39 PM
  • Aleksey
  • Enabler
  • Istanbul, Turkiye
User Info
BM Lavanille does it too. Unfortunate.

0 1,053
 01-12-2016, 02:50 PM
User Info

Just apply the lather to the entire towel and then tell your wife you bought brand new brown towels!

2 328
 01-12-2016, 02:53 PM
User Info
(01-12-2016, 02:50 PM)Pfirnett Wrote:

Just apply the lather to the entire towel and then tell your wife you bought brand new brown towels!
LOL! That's a great approach if all else should fail Tongue.

3 1,484
 01-12-2016, 02:58 PM
User Info

I agree with you Rob, the color is definitely not white, much more of a cream color.  I am surprised that it stained the towels though.  Did you inadvertently wipe the puck or some portion of the soap itself?  I hope it comes out my friend!

74 2,271
 01-12-2016, 03:04 PM
User Info
(01-12-2016, 02:58 PM)merkur man Wrote:

I agree with you Rob, the color is definitely not white, much more of a cream color.  I am surprised that it stained the towels though.  Did you inadvertently wipe the puck or some portion of the soap itself?  I hope it comes out my friend!
Is it noticeably brown or colored for you? Mine is definitely white, but at most it is very slightly off white. The only time I've noticed a brown(ish) lather is if I overloaded or hadn't yet incorporated water.

I'm also curious about how so much soap is getting on the pristine towels lol. And how the heck is it getting on the shower curtains?

3 1,484
 01-12-2016, 04:11 PM
  • joe j
  • South Florida
User Info
I had the same results! Great, lather,awesome shave, nice fragrance  but stained towel.I don't think I had the wrong combo of soap & water or loading etc.
Luckily I use a barbers towel as well as a small Italian linen towel  on my face and a micro fiber cloth to clean the brush,scuttle and razor.
They both had light brown stains whenever I used the Blu.A quick wash did the trick. No more stains.
Should anyone come up with a solution please post it.BTW my soap has an almost cinnamon like fragrance and appearance.

21 139