http://shop.onebladeshave.com/

A hefty price tag.  Anyone try these?

2 97
 01-17-2016, 02:14 PM
  • kav
  • Banned
  • east of the sun,west of the moon
User Info
High grade this, premium that, made in Germany, best of the best of the best and by God you will pay for our hype. Check out the proprietory blade pattern. I'm still looking for the  white plastic cone inserts for these brown coffeecup bases made in the 70s my mother bought with a lifetime warranty. Everytime I log on there's some ad for a new ultimate razor and two earnest looking recent college grads pushing a German made best of
the best of the best razor with a handle inspired by a condom blown up with helium at a frat party. It's important to be Earnest- more to ignore crap like this.

2 3,171
 01-17-2016, 02:22 PM
  • grantmm
  • Friend of the Badgers
  • Draper, Utah
User Info
I love mine, but the period of time that's elapsed while I've owned it is fairly small.  Haven't heard many bad things from people that have actually plunked down the funds for one.  It is worth the purchase if you can justify the funds.  Just know that you should be able to get a modest return if you have to sell it for any reason.

Every face is different and every perception of what helps achieve a good/satisfying shave is different.  I love mine and have:

[Image: cG0jCkL.jpg]

10 753
 01-17-2016, 03:05 PM
User Info
I'm getting one for my birthday next month.

If not, Grant - the previous poster in this thread - would have shipped me his half around the globe for a test drive (off topic, but quite a fantastic gesture)

24 5,841
 01-17-2016, 03:14 PM
  • Aleksey
  • Enabler
  • Istanbul, Turkiye
User Info
It's very popular here. I recommend you the Brian's journal for a head start.

0 1,053
 01-17-2016, 03:33 PM
User Info
It's pretty good. Blush

I've tried to keep a fairly detailed journal of my shaves with it as I've experimented with different aspects of it. Have a look at it if you like and feel free to post any questions that you have. 

SharpSpine's OneBlade Journal

31 8,055
 01-17-2016, 03:53 PM
  • sch1989
  • Mesa arizona
User Info
(01-17-2016, 02:14 PM)kav Wrote: High grade this, premium that, made in Germany, best of the best of the best and by God you will pay for our hype. Check out the proprietory blade pattern. I'm still looking for the  white plastic cone inserts for these brown coffeecup bases made in the 70s my mother bought with a lifetime warranty. Everytime I log on there's some ad for a new ultimate razor and two earnest looking recent college grads pushing a German made best of
the best of the best razor with a handle inspired by a condom blown up with helium at a frat party. It's important to be Earnest- more to ignore crap like this.

That's a little harsh? It is in fact a fantastic razor one of the best I've ever tried.

23 598
 01-17-2016, 04:00 PM
User Info
I'm undecided on this one.  Many positive reviews and I like the sleek design.  Just not sure if it shaves better than a good stainless DE.

48 5,717
 01-17-2016, 04:07 PM
User Info
(01-17-2016, 04:00 PM)TheLegalRazor Wrote: I'm undecided on this one.  Many positive reviews and I like the sleek design.  Just not sure if it shaves better than a good stainless DE.

For me all SEs shave better than any DE. If you get good shaves with a DE, then SE shaving may not be for you. Two completely different experiences.

31 8,055
 01-17-2016, 04:11 PM
User Info
(01-17-2016, 03:53 PM)sch1989 Wrote:
(01-17-2016, 02:14 PM)kav Wrote: High grade this, premium that, made in Germany, best of the best of the best and by God you will pay for our hype. Check out the proprietory blade pattern. I'm still looking for the  white plastic cone inserts for these brown coffeecup bases made in the 70s my mother bought with a lifetime warranty. Everytime I log on there's some ad for a new ultimate razor and two earnest looking recent college grads pushing a German made best of

That's a little harsh? It is in fact a fantastic razor one of the best I've ever tried.
I know for me at least I can appreciate honesty and someone not afraid to say what they think,regardless of what is is or whether I agree with it or not. I have no opinion on this razor, don't have it . I may pick up a used one down the road t see what the fuss is about though

0 127
 01-17-2016, 04:14 PM
User Info
In my opinion it does shave better than ATT or the Razorock Slant the pivot is no joke it works better than any razor I have used. The only downside is three shaves per blade with the feather however many are despining the Gem blades and getting more shaves.

Best Shaves Chris

0 190
 01-17-2016, 04:16 PM
User Info

It may use German stainless steel but it is not made in Germany. I believe that it is manufactured in China.

31 8,055
 01-17-2016, 08:02 PM
  • sch1989
  • Mesa arizona
User Info
(01-17-2016, 04:11 PM)John Wayne Wrote:
(01-17-2016, 03:53 PM)sch1989 Wrote:

I know for me at least I can appreciate honesty and someone not afraid to say what they think,regardless of what is is or whether I agree with it or not. I have no opinion on this razor, don't have it . I may pick up a used one down the road t see what the fuss is about though

I understand honesty but this seems like the razor never got a chance? And has this user even used a one blade before? Or is s/he jumping the gun on it because of hype? I believe hype starts first yes. Then once it becomes used by many and gets great reviews that's no longer hype as it has evolved into a good product, or turns to bad reviews and the hype evolves into a bad product. Judging by the many good reviews here and my own personal experience this is a good product.

23 598
 01-18-2016, 04:54 AM
  • Wrathen
  • Gulf Breeze, FL
User Info
(01-17-2016, 02:03 PM)Zondervan Wrote: OneBlade Razor & Stand
http://shop.onebladeshave.com/

A hefty price tag.  Anyone try these?

There several threads about them here at the top I would recommend reading them. At the moment there are 4 threads currently with OneBlade in the title.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15 770
 01-18-2016, 11:18 AM
  • Aleksey
  • Enabler
  • Istanbul, Turkiye
User Info
(01-17-2016, 04:16 PM)SharpSpine Wrote:

It may use German stainless steel but it is not made in Germany. I believe that it is manufactured in China.

Yep, it is made in China as far as I know. Can anybody with the original box confirm this?

0 1,053
 01-18-2016, 11:24 AM
  • kwsher
  • Austin, TX - USA
User Info
(01-18-2016, 11:18 AM)Aleksey Wrote:
(01-17-2016, 04:16 PM)SharpSpine Wrote:

Yep, it is made in China as far as I know. Can anybody with the original box confirm this?

Yes. Designed in Austin, manufactured in China of German SS.

I was skeptical based on all the hype myself but find it to be a superb shaver. Well designed, even if non-traditional in nature. 

Consistently offers close, effective shaves with zero irritation.

2 1,180
 01-18-2016, 11:27 AM
  • Aleksey
  • Enabler
  • Istanbul, Turkiye
User Info
It isn't a problem that it is produced in China for me. Just wanted to clarify an info I wasn't confirmed myself. 

I would like to try one, if I ever minimize my collection. Biggrin

0 1,053
 01-18-2016, 03:09 PM
  • DayMan
  • Tennessee
User Info
(01-17-2016, 02:22 PM)grantmm Wrote: I love mine, but the period of time that's elapsed while I've owned it is fairly small.  Haven't heard many bad things from people that have actually plunked down the funds for one.  It is worth the purchase if you can justify the funds.  Just know that you should be able to get a modest return if you have to sell it for any reason.

Every face is different and every perception of what helps achieve a good/satisfying shave is different.  I love mine and have:

[Image: cG0jCkL.jpg]

Nice.  My wife wants me to get that tattoo.  She thinks it would be funny.  I agree, but I don't know that it's that funny.

3 533
 01-18-2016, 10:14 PM
User Info

No worse than say, 5 Persian rugs rolled up and stored away in safe keeping, eh? Wink

9 1,203
 01-26-2016, 12:38 PM
User Info
Well, at least this would satify my strange curiousity/need to collect as many different DE blades as possible.

Oh well, more money for soaps and AS!  Cool

13 465