01-18-2016, 07:59 AM
User Info
I'm a big fan of Mickey Lee's Drunken Goat.  I have seen online that the Artisan has changed their soap formula.  I'd love to hear if anyone has any thoughts on the differences between the old and new versions.

0 26
 01-18-2016, 08:06 AM
User Info
Interesting, I thought it was just new packaging but I see that now all soaps are in the SE base. I also have Drunken Goat as well as Kraken and would like to know if there's much of a difference in the SE formula. Grand Havana is calling my name though... May have to find out for myself.

4 929
 01-18-2016, 08:35 AM
User Info
If anyone has Grand Havana (from the original release), Souq or Colonia di Argume (the AdP dupe, not this new version) - they're all the SE base. Really one of the best formulas I've ever used. Insanely easy to load, so much so that I tend to way overload the soap. The soap has even greater slickness and cushion than the original formula. And it practically lathers itself. Lastly, the post-shave feel has been improved as well, which was pretty outstanding to begin with. In general the lather is more dense and less airy. 

All in all, Sammy and Eric knocked it out of the park with the new base.

11 489
 01-18-2016, 09:35 AM
  • Aleksey
  • Enabler
  • Istanbul, Turkiye
User Info
I don't know the performance, but I love the new labeling

0 1,053
 01-18-2016, 11:24 AM
User Info
I'd curious, what does 'SE' mean?

79 373
 01-18-2016, 11:49 AM
User Info
(01-18-2016, 11:24 AM)Silence! Wrote: I'd curious, what does 'SE' mean?

Special Edition. It was a formula they reserved for special releases. Since the start of the new year they've transferred all their soaps over to that new base.

11 489
 01-18-2016, 11:52 AM
User Info
(01-18-2016, 11:24 AM)Silence! Wrote: I'd curious, what does 'SE' mean?

Good question. There seems to be nothing on the soap labels or website which explains this.

The obvious guesses: Special Edition or Select Edition

I would guess Special Edition (for now), as they may be waiting to see how the new formulation sells, assessments, etc.......

Edit - I guess I was right. Joshua just posted the answer. It makes sense......

0 122
 01-18-2016, 08:52 PM
  • Wrathen
  • Gulf Breeze, FL
User Info
I had been wanting to order the kraken aftershave and when I saw his post go up he had restocked and also saw the new version of Kraken soap inSE formula I had to add that too. I have both versions of the kraken now and can that the new one as hard to believe as it might be is all around better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16 792
 01-19-2016, 05:49 AM
User Info
(01-18-2016, 08:52 PM)Wrathen Wrote: I had been wanting to order the kraken aftershave and when I saw his post go up he had restocked and also saw the new version of Kraken soap inSE formula I had to add that too. I have both versions of the kraken now and can that the new one as hard to believe as it might be is all around better

I'll be very interested to hear your comments....

0 26
 01-19-2016, 06:53 AM
  • Wrathen
  • Gulf Breeze, FL
User Info
(01-19-2016, 05:49 AM)Windy City Wrote:
(01-18-2016, 08:52 PM)Wrathen Wrote: I had been wanting to order the kraken aftershave and when I saw his post go up he had restocked and also saw the new version of Kraken soap inSE formula I had to add that too. I have both versions of the kraken now and can that the new one as hard to believe as it might be is all around better

I'll be very interested to hear your comments....

Well first is the wonderful Kraken scent seems to be stronger, next up is the slickness again much improved. I have test lathered it once and used it for one shave so can't say much more than that at the moment

16 792