07-13-2012, 11:44 AM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
[Image: 9b8675dbd9975ffbebcb69507c3d71d0_best.jpg]

I had the chance to use this shaving cream for the last 3 shaves,thanks to a generous sample that I got from a Bloomingdales store deparment worker (she didnt know she cant give away samples from the AdP shaving creams..) and I can tell you that its better than the shaving cream on a tub,specially if you have dry skin like I do.

This shaving cream,for what I remember,has almost the same ingredients than the one on the tub,but with added lanolin.I dont believe in magical ingredients,but this cream treats my skin much better than the tub one for sure.

The scent is the same than the one on the tub,but not as strong,maybe because it comes on a tube.When the lather is made,the scent is there,but again,not as strong than the tub version.

The lather is made without any effort,like a good cream made in UK,and not much quantity is necesary to make lather for a 4/5 pass shave,so a 75 ml tube would last a longer time than I expected.

The slickness is also very high,like a UK shaving cream made by Creightons,maybe the lanolin gives that extra slick?Maybe,but for sure is slicker than the tub one.

And again,the skin care properties are better than the tub shaving cream.I have a very dry skin and after the shave with this cream,no dryness at all,no irritation or red skin,just smooth and clear skin.

Unfortunately,not all is good about this cream,and 45 dollars for a 75ml tube could be too much for many,even if the tube last longer than other creams.

If this cream (with lanolin) would come on the 125ml tube and would have the same price than the tub (62 dollars) I would recommend it better than Santa Maria La Novella,since the scent its much better.

Maybe we should talk to Joe and let him create a RazoRock XXX tube version with lanolin on it!Biggrin

86 7,124
 07-13-2012, 12:11 PM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
Is this a new product? I have never seen it in a tube. Very interesting. A RR version would sell well.

45 16,363
 07-13-2012, 12:14 PM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
(07-13-2012, 12:11 PM)bullgoose Wrote: Is this a new product? I have never seen it in a tube. Very interesting. A RR version would sell well.

No Phil,have been on the market for the last 4 years,at least,but I dont know if its have been reformulated.

The RR was kind of a joke,but Im sure it would sell very well too.

86 7,124
 07-13-2012, 12:17 PM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
That is odd. I have only seen it in the glass jars

45 16,363
 07-13-2012, 02:02 PM
  • diggity
  • Los Gatos, CA
User Info
Jeez that's expensive! When I was at the Rome Cavalieri hotel last summer, they had ADP products there and I should have asked for a shave set to try this stuff! Maybe we should get some sort of group buy going. I have the tub, but would also like to try the tube. Just when you think the RAD is over...

Oh and it's my understanding that the tube has always differed from the tub. There's also a shave gel in a can of ADP floating out there.

18 281
 07-13-2012, 02:29 PM
  • freddy
  • San Diego, California, U.S.A.
User Info
Teiste, I'm curious to know if the cream in the tube is advertised as different than the one in the tub because, based on your review, they sound like very different products. Hmm

2 11,211
 07-13-2012, 03:43 PM
User Info
Consistency is very different between the tub and tube,
Tub is almost soap like, the cream is well like a cream, similar in consistency to proraso in a tube is the closest approximation I could make.

2 59
 07-13-2012, 05:26 PM
  • ben74
  • Administrator
  • Perth, Australia
User Info
Wow expensive, but I'd love to try! A group buy would get my business, anyone have any Italian contacts... ?

91 17,883